Bay View Gallery Night, need participants please!

ma...@neesley.com

Apr 9, 2014, 9:38:40 AM4/9/14
to Makerspace
I need a contact for the Bay View Arts Guild, the contact info on their web page is bouncing back as undeliverable.

Who is interested in participating?  I have to get the info in by April 21st.  If you know of anyone outside the Makerspace, please pass their info to me so I can keep track of who wants to show up.

We won't have any space for exhibiting in the East room this time, we'll have to fill the craft lab & meeting room/electronics area if we have enough interest.  I'm going to assume that the plasma cutter & CNC router will be done by June 6th, so we'll need people to run those machines.  I'll guess there will be blacksmithing/forging demos, other than that, I don't have any other ideas for the West room.

I'll need every free table MMS has during that night, and I'll be sure to gently remind everyone of that fact 2 weeks before the event.

Any other pertinent info?
-MattN

Pete Prodoehl

Apr 9, 2014, 10:03:21 AM4/9/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Matt, I've got two tables for the event, though I might want to use one (or part of one) for an interactive piece I'm working on.

I'm still not 100% sure if I can be at the event, either part of the time, or the whole time, but I'll see what I can do.

Did you try both of these emails? in...@bayviewgallerynight.com ch...@madeinmilwaukee.com

If not, I can provide other contact info.

Pete

Shane T.

Apr 9, 2014, 10:08:07 AM4/9/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com, ras...@gmail.com
I'll be participating.  Ideally I'd like one (1) 8 foot table.  Methinks it's going to get a bit crowded in there.

If you want, I'll put up a call for artists on FB....

neeboy

Apr 9, 2014, 10:14:14 AM4/9/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good Shane!

Colleen

Apr 9, 2014, 11:05:49 AM4/9/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Matt,

Count me in for participating!!

Thanks for putting this all together!

~Colleen

Tom Gralewicz

Apr 9, 2014, 11:16:23 AM4/9/14
to milwaukeemakerspace
I would suggest clearing out the lobby (couch and pinball machine) and setting up artists there.

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

--

---

Pete Prodoehl

Apr 9, 2014, 11:31:37 AM4/9/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

If I'm available, or can train someone else in time, it might be cool to screen print posters during the event and give out the finished works to people.

But, you know, we'd need to get the screen printing press into a different area. ;)

Pete

Deboralynn Swanson

Apr 12, 2014, 8:36:15 AM4/12/14
to Milwaukee MakerSpace

Or we need to make the vault area cleaner, with better defined spaces.

DL

the_digital_dentist

Apr 12, 2014, 8:42:31 AM4/12/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Forgive the dumb question, but when is this BVGN to take place?

Pete Prodoehl

Apr 12, 2014, 9:07:50 AM4/12/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Friday, June 6, 2014

(Sent from a tiny pocket computer.)

On Apr 12, 2014, at 7:42 AM, the_digital_dentist <mark.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

Forgive the dumb question, but when is this BVGN to take place?

--
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Lucy Sinogeikina

Apr 12, 2014, 10:54:44 AM4/12/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Another possibly dumb question, where and how do we apply to be aforementioned artist?

the_digital_dentist

Apr 14, 2014, 5:17:02 AM4/14/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
If no one is going to be needing the projector I will set up a microscope with a web cam and have it displaying microorganisms swimming around.

Tiffany Lea

Apr 14, 2014, 11:37:02 AM4/14/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to say not a dumb question because I am also curious to that.

Also I have two 6 ft folding tables if that helps.
Tiffany

neeboy

Apr 14, 2014, 11:55:43 AM4/14/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
The "application process" is to let me know what you will be displaying, so I know at minimum how much floorspace is needed and how many tables we'll have to scrounge.  Interest so far has been light...
-MattN

Pete Prodoehl

Apr 14, 2014, 12:01:07 PM4/14/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

MattN,

I know a number of artists who are not members... do you want me to start asking some if they want to show stuff at the space?

Pete

neeboy

Apr 14, 2014, 12:18:09 PM4/14/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Do it Pete!

Natali

Apr 14, 2014, 12:26:55 PM4/14/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
What kind of artists are you looking for?? I do more craftsy stuff. :)

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM, neeboy <ma...@neesley.com> wrote:
Do it Pete!

neeboy

Apr 14, 2014, 12:37:03 PM4/14/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
WELL....we DO have a VERY rigorous screening process and cater to an EXCLUSIVE clientele....
cocktails.jpg

Natali

Apr 14, 2014, 12:38:53 PM4/14/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I can add a monocle to him....

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:37 AM, neeboy <ma...@neesley.com> wrote:
WELL....we DO have a VERY rigorous screening process and cater to an EXCLUSIVE clientele....

--
Tiny Rainbow Octopus front.jpg

neeboy

Apr 14, 2014, 12:42:19 PM4/14/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Neato!  How much tablespace do you need?

Have Blue

Apr 14, 2014, 12:43:44 PM4/14/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
BVGN: Like a sir

(http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/feel-like-a-sir  for anyone unfamiliar with the meme)

Natali

Apr 14, 2014, 12:49:54 PM4/14/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I'm not fussy, whatever is available. :)
Little Green Sir Main.jpg

neeboy

Apr 14, 2014, 12:53:40 PM4/14/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Mike, I think that GIF may have to be on ALL my correspondence from now on :)
-MattN

Karen Pauli

Apr 15, 2014, 2:34:34 AM4/15/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I would like space for cat toys and tote bags.  I can bring my own tables.  Maybe out me right in front of the sewing machine I keep using?  I can sew and sell at the same time!

Shane T.

Apr 15, 2014, 4:09:56 AM4/15/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
If possible, I'd like to set up near the projector.  I figure that will draw some people in....

Pete Prodoehl

Apr 15, 2014, 9:58:17 AM4/15/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Is the Dentist using the projector for the event?

(I've got a projector as well if we need to set it up elsewhere.)

Pete

Andrew Kersting

Apr 15, 2014, 11:25:57 AM4/15/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I would like to have some kind of display of at least a couple of my recent paintings.  I could also include an example of one of the templates, which are cut with lasers and directly connect the work with the space.

I suppose I would need only a little room for cards / contact info maybe brochures or something, assuming there is suitable wall space. 2 pieces on canvas would be easy to hang as is, one is 12"x12", the other  24"x36". I have 2 easels and 1 small table easel, but if space is at a premium they are probably not the best solution.  I have additional pieces that could be mounted or framed to be included if there's space to fill. I have little experience with mounting / framing art though so that's a factor haha.

Andy

Pete Prodoehl

Apr 15, 2014, 11:39:27 AM4/15/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Tables are easier, but we still have the cubicle walls in the back hall which can be used as "portable" wall space.

As it is, I hope to have off on June 6th which means I can be at the space all day to set up for Gallery Night.

We should probably also plan to do some "cleaning" on Tues June 3rd and Thurs June 5th.

Pete

Natali

Apr 15, 2014, 1:07:51 PM4/15/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I can be there as early as needed to help clean and set up as well that day. :)

the_digital_dentist

Apr 15, 2014, 1:51:53 PM4/15/14
On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:58:17 AM UTC-5, Pete Prodoehl wrote:

Is the Dentist using the projector for the event?

I was planning on using it only if none of the more "legitimate" folks need it.  My plan was to set up a microscope with a web cam and project microorganisms swimming around.  I suppose it could be an example of what can be done with a 3D printer since I printed the webcam adapter.

the_digital_dentist

Apr 15, 2014, 1:52:30 PM4/15/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com, ras...@gmail.com
Not really sure that my planned use really fits with BVGN...

Pete Prodoehl

Apr 15, 2014, 2:00:52 PM4/15/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Sure it does!

It's a performance piece... by amoebas... or something.

We're not your typical art venue, but we can certainly show off all the
crazy & interesting things we do there.

I'm working on getting some "real" artists to join us as well, so there
will be a good mix.

Pete

Dan Jonke

Apr 15, 2014, 2:18:56 PM4/15/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
"It's a performance piece... by amoebas... or something."

I'm sold, Make sure the BVGN people promote us using that headline.

-Dan

Tom Gralewicz

Apr 15, 2014, 2:29:37 PM4/15/14
to milwaukeemakerspace
Why don't you see how many exhibitors you get signing up for the space before we try to clear out the east room.

Last time the few exhibitors we had would have fit in the lobby and craft area, spaces that are easy to clean out.
That way the rest of the space is operational for tours and demos.

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Dan Jonke <d...@vfdworld.com> wrote:
"It's a performance piece... by amoebas... or something."

I'm sold, Make sure the BVGN people promote us using that headline.

-Dan

-----Original Message----- From: Pete Prodoehl

Bob Trocke

Apr 15, 2014, 10:06:41 PM4/15/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Yes to the microscope projector!

Also I want an octopus.

By the way as far as East room clean up goes, I'm using this date as motivation at least to get the high voltage stuff cleaned up, compacted, and movable if needed.

--

---

Jake Bissen

Apr 16, 2014, 12:15:24 PM4/16/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested!

Me and Eli can do Armorsmithing demos as well as bladesmithing demos. It's a maybe on the bladesmithing demos.

If not I could display my armor.

Not exactly sure what the event is about in all. where can I get info on it?

Jake Bissen

Pete Prodoehl

Apr 16, 2014, 12:31:13 PM4/16/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Gallery Night. Artists show their work to the public:

  http://www.bayviewgallerynight.com/

  http://www.bayviewgallerynight.com/milwaukee-makerspace/

  http://milwaukeemakerspace.org/2013/08/bay-view-gallery-night-2/ (from the last one)

We've done a group show titled "More Awesome Things From the Makerspace" in the past.

It's our way of saying "come check out the cool things we do!" :)

Pete

Jake Bissen

Apr 16, 2014, 12:42:14 PM4/16/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com, ras...@gmail.com
Ok I'm definitely interested!

Should be a lot of fun.

Jake

Dan Jonke

Apr 16, 2014, 12:46:36 PM4/16/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Jake, we usually keep the forge burning all night with demos, and put a table out of ironwork for sale, to raise money for the space. Last time we did this I made enough to pay for 2 months of communal propane. Please come on down.

-Dan

Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:42 AM