November 2 Meeting Report

Robert Beezat

Dec 5, 2013, 9:34:53 PM12/5/13
to milwau...@googlegroups.com

We had our second Milwaukee CRC meeting on November 2.  We had some interesting discussions about articles which appeared in the September 27,  October 11, and October 25 issues of Commonweal.  We spent quite a bit of time discussing David M. Kennedy’s book review “We Will Not Bleed” which reviewed Breach of Trust: How Americans Failed Their Soldiers and Their Country by Andrew Bacevich.  We also spent time discussing “A New Balance,” the editorial from the October 11 issue.  We also liked the letter from Paul Stubenbort of Bensalem, PA on Christians involvement in secular democratic hopes and to “marshal every Christian to support the best in their politicians.”  We also spent some time discussing John Garvey’s article, “An Imperfect Union: When Church & State Marry,” and John Cavadini’s article, “Why Study God: The Role of Theology at a Catholic University.”

It was decided to schedule our next meeting after the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.