[Mifos-users] Feedback on User Stories and Wireframes for Mobile App Implementation of Self-Service APIs

Ed Cable

Jan 13, 2017, 11:59:19 AM1/13/17
to us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, mifos-users
Hello everyone,

As you know, last year, self-service APIs were made available as part of Apache Fineract: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Customer+Self-Service

A team of volunteer developers led by Rajan Maurya have been working on Android implementation of these self-service APIs. The repository is at https://github.com/openMF/self-service-app

A volunteer, Denila, has been creating user stories and wireframes to guide the development. She's put a great deal of effort into these based on conversations with partners and users. We'd love to have your feedback and input on these wireframes and user stories and additional use cases that need to be supported in self-service apps.

You can view her wireframes and user stories as tickets in GitHub at https://goo.gl/3xuUko and see the wireframes at https://goo.gl/C1ieTs
--
Ed Cable
edc...@mifos.org | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649

Collectively Creating a World of 3 Billion Maries | http://mifos.org

sen...@singo.co.tz

Jan 16, 2017, 2:16:47 AM1/16/17
to us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, mifos-users
Dear Ed, Adi,

On section Story Breakdown, second part of the statement below:-

-----
"As a customer I should be able to retrieve my personal details so that
I can validate my personal data with the organization"

-----

I presume the scope of validation is to just verifying on the info...
and this doesn't include updating (write access) any field related to
Master Data online!!!

Meaning should there be any need to update, another mechanism will be
used to update those master data information which are either not
present, outdate etc...

In short this functionality is only based on read only to master data
related info.

Of course scope it allow execution of selected transactions as indicated
in scope.

Please confirm my understanding.

Else we are keeping involving great job...

Cheers
Sendoro

On 2017-01-13 16:57, Ed Cable wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> As you know, last year, self-service APIs were made available as part
> of Apache Fineract:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Customer+Self-Service
> [1]
>
> A team of volunteer developers led by Rajan Maurya have been working
> on Android implementation of these self-service APIs. The repository
> is at https://github.com/openMF/self-service-app [2]
>
> A volunteer, Denila, has been creating user stories and wireframes to
> guide the development. She's put a great deal of effort into these
> based on conversations with partners and users. We'd love to have your
> feedback and input on these wireframes and user stories and additional
> use cases that need to be supported in self-service apps.
>
> You can view her wireframes and user stories as tickets in GitHub at
> https://goo.gl/3xuUko [3] and see the wireframes at
> https://goo.gl/C1ieTs
> --
>
> ED CABLE
> Director of Community Programs, Mifos Initiative
> edc...@mifos.org | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649
>
> COLLECTIVELY CREATING A WORLD OF 3 BILLION MARIES | http://mifos.org
> [4] _ [5] _ [6]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Customer+Self-Service
> [2] https://github.com/openMF/self-service-app
> [3] https://goo.gl/3xuUko
> [4] http://mifos.org
> [5] http://facebook.com/mifos
> [6] http://www.twitter.com/mifos

Shaik Nazeer

Jan 16, 2017, 5:42:55 AM1/16/17
to us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, mifos-users
Hi Sendoro,

All self service API(s) are read only except password updation which is
recently added. The scope of the validation is at customer level not system
level.

Thanks,
Nazeer

sen...@singo.co.tz

Jan 16, 2017, 5:49:26 AM1/16/17
to us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, mifos-users
+1

Thanks a lot!!!

Ippez Robert

Jan 16, 2017, 5:58:05 AM1/16/17
to Mifos Users, us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Nazeer,
As the API for Self Service is already functional, I think the community-app side (UI) for creating these self service clients should be implemented because as per now a system user with no technical background can not create a self service user. I this a simple way for creating this should be done.

Thanks
Regards
Ippez Robert

Ed Cable

Jan 20, 2017, 12:04:48 PM1/20/17
to Ippez Robert, Mifos Users, us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, mifos-users
Robert,

I agree as well. We designed user stories for a client to register and create their own self-service user but the APIs aren't available for that yet. I will work with the team and community to draft out a wireframe and implement the UI for creating self-service users.

Ed