[Mifos-users] Unexpected additional charge in ledger

Arvind Sujeeth

Nov 19, 2015, 1:55:39 PM11/19/15
to mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi all,

I recently encountered a small mystery. I have a test loan in Mifos with a principal of 10.0 and a charge of 10% of the approved amount, due at the specified due date. When I first disburse the loan, Mifos correctly applies the charge and reports the total amount due to be 11.0. However, some time later (within a day or so), Mifos apparently applies a second 10% fee for some reason. Oddly, the second fee only appears in the 'Summary' screen, and not in the 'Repayment schedule' screen (see attached screenshots).

Anyone have any idea what is going on or how to fix it?

thanks,
Arvind
Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 10.24.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 10.24.48 AM.png

Subramanya S N

Nov 20, 2015, 1:16:31 AM11/20/15
to Mifos Users, arv...@mines.io, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Arvind Sujeeth,

I am not able to reproduce this issue. Can you please explain the exact steps to reproduce the same. If possible can you please create the same in demo version.

Arvind Sujeeth

Nov 23, 2015, 11:41:54 AM11/23/15
to Mifos Users, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Subramanya,

Thanks for the response. I have not been able to reproduce it in the Mifos demo version, either. I have upgraded to the Nov 18, 2015 release (15.11.2) and am still seeing the problem on my end, however.

I am using the REST API directly to insert the loan. The steps that I take are:

1) Create the loan product and charge in Mifos using the community app
2) Submit a new loan using a POST to /loans
3) Submit a new charge using a POST to /loan/{loanId}/charges
4) Approve the loan request using a POST to /loans/{loanId} with command=approve
5) Disburse the loan using a POST to /loans/{loanId} with command=disburse

I would imagine this is equivalent to performing the same actions entirely through the community app. It is odd that the additional charge does not appear right away, but only after some time (> 1 day I believe). Also, no additional accruals appear on the transactions tab despite the additional charge in the summary.

I will continue to try to narrow this down and reproduce it on the demo version, but if anyone has any ideas on what may be going wrong, I would very much appreciate them.

thanks,
Arvind

Arvind Sujeeth

Nov 23, 2015, 1:31:44 PM11/23/15
to mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
To follow-up in case anyone else encounters this, it appears to be triggered by the 'Update loan details' scheduled job, but only happens if the loan uses a particular charge (charge id 1 to be specific). I will follow-up on the dev list or submit an issue as appropriate.

Best,
Arvind