[Mifos-users] Overdue fees

Georg Steiger

Nov 12, 2015, 12:29:27 AM11/12/15
to mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi all,

we are experiencing some strange behavior with overdue fees:

1) Daily overdue fee gets applied only 4 times and then stop. This happens across
different products.

2) Only first overdue charge actually generates a transaction, next charges just show under charges,
but not under transactions, so they also don't get added to the next installment.
For example, if there are 4 charges for each 100, the total penalty the loan show is only 100.

We are on latest version (15.11.1) but had same issue with previous version.

Is this expected behavior or a bug? Any way to fix it?

Georg

Subramanya S N

Nov 16, 2015, 2:07:28 AM11/16/15
to Mifos Users, ge...@steiger.at, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi George,
There is an existing issue related to overdue charge MIFOSX-2304,
Please let us know the issue you discussed above is similar

Subramanya S N

Nov 16, 2015, 2:09:05 AM11/16/15
to Mifos Users, ge...@steiger.at, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi Georg,
There is an existing issue MIFOSX-2304
Please let us know the issue you are facing is similar to this.

Georg Steiger

Nov 16, 2015, 2:26:12 AM11/16/15
to Subramanya S N, Mifos Users, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

Not sure it's the same issue, but I did some more digging and this is what happens:

When MifosX applies the overdue fee, it creates the entries in m_loan_charge and m_loan_transaction.
However, it does not create the required accounting entries in acc_gl_journal_entries.
Also m_loan_repayment_schedule gets updated, but it only writes the fee there once (rather than adding up the totals).

The resulting issue is that when customer pays the fee, it gets charged against overpayment from customer
rather than fee income, since the gl entries are missing.

So this creates quite a mess in the GL.

Georg

Georg Steiger

Nov 17, 2015, 10:27:43 PM11/17/15
to Subramanya S N, Mifos Users, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

did some more testing - there seems to be an issue with which installment mifos tries to attach
overdue charges to. Created an issue in the tracker with details:

Georg

Subramanya S N

Apr 15, 2016, 5:20:34 AM4/15/16
to Georg Steiger, Mifos Users, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Georg Steiger,
is working fine, also I commented in the issue itself. Please go though it. if you are still not clarified please let us know.
--
Regards,
Subramanya.