[Mifos-users] MIFOSX - 16.05.01.RELEASE "QA"

Joe Leatherman

May 18, 2016, 2:37:08 PM5/18/16
to mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net, Subramanya S N

Team,

                I’m happy for our new improvements. But I just reviewed 16.05.01.RELEASE @ https://demo.openmf.org

The issues I noted before (listed below) are still in 16.05.01. We can add all the new cool stuff we want but in my opinion we need to insure all of our old/current features are working correctly. I think it’s important for us all not to get ahead of ourselves. Honestly the last stable vision where most the jobs moved be themselves as expected was Release Version: 16.01.2.RELEASE | Mifos X Release Date: 20/Jan/2016. Remember that in a live instance this will effect balances in loans and savings accounts. It will show accounts current when they are late if these events don’t move. When bankers realize the error they will put in a ticket to tec support costing all our little companies time and money. Also if a banker doesn’t realize there is an issue and they give the customer the wrong info on their account can cause lead to regulatory issues here in the US with the department of finance in most states being super in tune with the algorithms we use to calculate interest.  I have no problems taking time out to do all the Q & A in a practical setting with real accounts but can we take a step back and sure everything up?

My request is QA starts turning down all new releases until these event issues are fixed and tested. What a base we would all have to build from if it was.

Joe Leatherman | Sr. Credit Manager
JoeLea...@IJLfinancial.us

IJLfinancial, Inc. | 907 Caldwell BLVD. | Nampa, ID
Store 0002Tel 208-649-4282 Fax 208-505-8766

NMLSR ID 745997

www.IJLfinancial.us

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by email and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Today's Topics:

   1. MIFOSX - 16.05.01.RELEASE (Adi Raju)

Message: 1

Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 22:26:03 +0530

From: "Adi Raju" <adi....@confluxtechnologies.com>

Subject: [Mifos-users] MIFOSX - 16.05.01.RELEASE

To: "'Mifos software development'"

                <mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net>,

                <mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net>

Hello All,

Today we have made 16.05.01.RELEASE of MIFOS X.

This release contains following improvements and bug fixes

Platform & API

New Features & Improvements

- [FINERACT-94] - Allow a recurring gap/moratorium for principal between repayments

- [MIFOSX-2405] - Add ability to mark Client Identifier as Active or Inactive

- In tranche loans, if repayment date is same as tranche disbursement date then allow to change the emi amount

- [FINERACT-144] - Performance improvement for accrual job

- [FINERACT-32] - Dormant Savings Accounts Feature

- Added MIFOS-INSTALL.md

- Customer Self Service : APIs for Third Party Beneficiary management and Third Party Account Transfers

- [FINERACT-60] - Improvements to Interest Compounding, nth day rest frequency and meeting calendar date changes

Bugs

- [MIFOSX-2497] - Waive specified due date penalty should not create additional row in repayment schedule for Overdue/Due Fee/Int,Principal repayment strategy

- [MIFOSX-2505] - Waived specified due date penalty/charges are not adding entries in waved column after prepay.

- Repayment schedule not regenerating when frp is changed at the time of disbursal

- Edit disbursement causes the full amount to be shown - in repayment schedule

- accrual exception while doing repayment

- adding driver property for flyway tasks in gradle, fixes migrateDB tasks in gradle

- Shares And Dividends: Adding validation to check whether savings account is his own account

Community-app

New Features & Improvements

- [FINERACT-32] - Dormant Savings Accounts Feature

- [MIFOSX-2705] - Fix some translation issue 'locale-zh_CN.json'

Bugs

- [MIFOSX-2639] - While creating the client if "Legal Form" is modified from Client to Entity then not able save the page

This release is deployed only on staging server, which can be accessed for community testing using the URL https://staging.openmf.org

Post QA certification, release would be deployed on demo and production servers.

Also, binary release file would be uploaded to sourceforge post QA certification.

In the meantime, code can be downloaded from https://github.com/openMF/incubator-fineract/tree/mifosplatform-16.05.01.REL

EASE,

https://github.com/openMF/community-app/tree/mifosplatform-16.05.01.RELEASE.

Regards,

Adi

May 19, 2016, 2:13:53 AM5/19/16
to JoeLea...@ijlfinancial.us, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., Subramanya S N

Hi Joe,

We had been looking into this issue over the last week.

What we observe is that this is happening only on demo.openmf.org.

We do not see this issue on other tenants on either local/staging/demo/production server (we have checked random tenants DB).

What we suspect is that the scheduler is for some reason not triggering the job.

We want to add some logs and observe for couple of days to see what is happening on this demo tenant specifically.

We will be adding these logs on top of 16.05.01.RELEASE and get back on problem.

Regards,

Adi

Nazeer Shaik

May 24, 2016, 9:50:01 AM5/24/16
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., Joe Leatherman, Subramanya S N
Hi all,

We found the root cause for schedule jobs issue. This issue is happening after integrating Drizzle JDBC connector with Fineract platform.

Root cause:
For some reason we are getting lock acquisition exception while updating schedule job running status. After this, all triggers (existing & new) in that group scheduler moving into BLOCKED state. The only way to recover is to restart the server.
At this moment we couldn't figure out who is holding the lock.

We have provided a workaround fix and testing is going on staging server. We will analyze this behavior for 1 week and changes will be merged with platform after community review.

If you are blocked with this issue, please configure your platform with MySQL JDBC connector.

Thanks,
Nazeer

Joe Leatherman

May 24, 2016, 9:56:08 AM5/24/16
to Nazeer Shaik, Subramanya S N, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net

Thanks for looking into this. Someone said it was an issue with just the community install at https://demo.openmf.org which it is not becauae we can reproduce on our install too. If we can all work together to make sure these events are always moving as expected it makes mifos very strong. Please let me know when you get a fix and i can you
Test it. Fyi this issue has been around before Fineract.

Joe Leatherman | Sr. Credit Manager
JoeLea...@IJLfinancial.us

IJLfinancial, Inc. | 907 Caldwell BLVD. | Nampa, ID
Store 0002| Tel 208-649-4282 | Fax 208-505-8766

NMLSR ID 745997

www.IJLfinancial.us

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by email and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Nazeer Shaik

May 24, 2016, 11:04:59 AM5/24/16
to Joe Leatherman, Subramanya S N, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Thanks Joe, Looks like this issue is present before Fineract as you mentioned.
The below mail thread proves the same :-)
https://sourceforge.net/p/mifos/mailman/message/32786432/

We will update you once this fix is available on demo server.

Thanks,
Nazeer

Ed Cable

Feb 1, 2017, 12:22:17 PM2/1/17
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., dev (dev@fineract.incubator.apache.org), Joe Leatherman, Subramanya S N
Joe,

The temporary fix that Nazeer had applied and is included in the pull request on the Apache Fineract issue has worked for our demo and production environments thus far.

Are you still experiencing the issues on your setup? Nazeer were awaiting additional replies on this thread. Can you please share with us the issues you're still facing and we'll continue to work to resolve them.

Here's the latest update I got from Nazeer:

We had given a temporary fix which is going to reduce this occurrence.

The issue is MySQL is taking too much time return the data to the platform and lock on those tables is not released. By this time, some of the scheduler threads are entering into BLOCKED and they never recover unless we restart the tomcat (STOP & START). After production and RDS split, I don’t remember any customer complaining about this issue.

Please let me know on which environment this issue is happening again.

Please find the issue details below.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-145

Thanks,

Ed