[Mifos-users] MIFOSX - 16.11.01.RELEASE on Staging Environment

Shaik Nazeer

Nov 14, 2016, 11:34:19 AM11/14/16
to mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi All,

We are happy to announce 16.11.01.RELEASE today for community testing. Release can be accessed from https://staging.openmf.org. We will wait till Friday, 18th Nov for community & QA feedback.

Code can be downloaded from

https://github.com/openMF/incubator-fineract/tree/mifosplatform-16.11.01.RELEASE and

https://github.com/openMF/community-app/tree/mifosplatform-16.11.01.RELEASE

This release is being made on top of first successful ‘Apache Fineract incubator release (0.4.0.incubating)’, which involved migration to OpenJPA instead of hibernate as JPA provider.

This release adds SMS campaign as a new major feature along with below additional enhancements.

SMS campaign has a dependency on additional independently deployable component ‘message-gateway’, which is available at https://github.com/openMF/message-gateway.

Platform & API

New Features & Improvements

- Migration to OpenJPA

- SMS Campaign feature

- [FINERACT-37] - Support rescheduling repayments on holidays

- Add API to allow self-service user to change their password

- Savings interest posting on specified date

Community-app

New Features & Improvements

- SMS Campaign feature

- UI for address module enhancement

- Savings interest posting on specified date

 Bugs

 - interest amount label in prepay loan page

- [MIFOSX-2794] - After Cancel of edit meeting page the "Next Meeting on" is not displaying date in Center general page

- [MIFOSX-2745] - GL Creation

Thanks,

Nazeer

Nazeer Shaik

Nov 14, 2016, 11:53:13 AM11/14/16
to Mifos software development, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Hi all,

Release notes for '16.11.01.RELEASE' can be captured in the following location.

https://github.com/openMF/incubator-fineract/wiki/MIFOSX-16.11.01.RELEASE-UAT-NOTES

Thanks,
Nazeer

Ippez Robert

Nov 17, 2016, 1:55:57 PM11/17/16
to Mifos Developer, mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net

How do i configure Message-Gateway for Infobip, because i only see configuration for Twilio in the https://github.com/openMF/message-gateway/README.md

Thanks
Ippez Robert

Shaik Nazeer

Nov 17, 2016, 11:37:34 PM11/17/16
to Ippez Robert, Mifos Developer, mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi Robert,

I have updated Infobip configuration details.

Thanks,

Nazeer

Santosh Math

Nov 18, 2016, 7:56:52 AM11/18/16
to Mifos software development, Ed Cable, Dayna Harp, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Ed/Dayna,

Hi

QA has been completed for 16.11.01 Release with the following observations:

Features mentioned in Release notes:

Feature/Improvements

Feature Working

New Issues Found

Issues Fixed

Improvement Issues

Non-critical Issues

Feature QA Status

SMS Campaign

YES

4

4

1

Pass

 Support for  rescheduling repayments on holidays

YES

NA

NA

NA

NA

Pass

 Savings interest posting on specified date

YES

NA

NA

NA

NA

Pass

UI For Address Module Enhancement

YES

2

0

NA

NA

Pass(Since by default, address module is disabled  and these are not regressions)

After Cancel of edit meeting page the "Next Meeting on" is not displaying date and edit button in 'Centers' general page

YES

NA

NA

NA

NA

Pass

GL Accounts

YES

NA

NA

NA

NA

Pass

Issue fixes mentioned in Release notes:

Total Number of Issues

Verified

QA Status

7

7

Pass

No Regression issues were found as part of regression test.

QA recommends 16.11.01.RELEASE as passed.

Please review and approve the release, so that dev team can make it formal.

Thanks
Santosh

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 9:09 PM, Shaik Nazeer <nazeer...@confluxtechnologies.com> wrote:

Regards
Santosh
QA Team
Skype:santoshmath99

Dayna Harp

Nov 18, 2016, 8:15:32 AM11/18/16
to Santosh Math, Mifos software development, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
My UAT review agrees with QA +1 for release

-Dayna

On Nov 18, 2016, at 6:55 AM, Santosh Math <san...@confluxtechnologies.com> wrote:

MIFOSX-2745

Dayna Harp
Director Global Credit Union Inclusion, The Mifos Initiative
dh...@mifos.org | Skype: harpcreek | Mobile:  +501 628.9686

Ending Poverty One Line of Code at a Time | http://mifos.org

Ed Cable

Nov 18, 2016, 9:48:21 AM11/18/16
to Dayna Harp, Nikhil Nikhilpawar, Mifos software development, mifos-users
Looks good from my end and I'll give a +1 but I do have the following questions/suggestions.

What is timeline for documentation (especially on SMS campaigns module and address module)

Apologies if I've missed it :)

For SMS campaigns, there's a ton of functionality there so I want to make sure community knows how to use it and 2) knows how they can configure it work with their own SMS gateway.

For address module, I got hung up on not realizing I had to create the various code drop downs for Address Type, State/Province, and Country but once I figured that out was all good.

For SMS campaigns, I did find a slight glitch in the UI on the campaign creation.

The scheduled time selector is a bit wonky (see screenshot) as the input field for times is too small and the up and down arrows aren't arrows but rather look like select boxes.

Also the text at the top for the campaign wizard is a different font (times new roman) - flag that as a change for later.

None of these are release-blocking issues (unless others think they are) but we should address (maybe even for GCI!)

Ed

--
Ed Cable
edc...@mifos.org | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649

Collectively Creating a World of 3 Billion Maries | http://mifos.org

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 6.15.08 AM.png

Shreyaank Byadagi

Nov 18, 2016, 10:02:25 AM11/18/16
to Mifos software development, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.

Hello Ed,

You can find the steps to create SMS Campaigns in this link:
https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=165871671#content/view/165871671

Regards
Shreyaank

Ed Cable

Nov 18, 2016, 10:08:31 AM11/18/16
to Mifos software development, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Perfect. Sorry I had missed that.

Ed

Mifos-developer mailing list
mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net

Nazeer Shaik

Nov 18, 2016, 10:26:15 AM11/18/16
to Mifos software development, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
SMS campaigns high level design and approach can be found  here https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=65865302

@all, I need a downtime of 2 hrs on demo and production servers at
10 AM IST tomorrow to upgrade platform, prototype app and configure message-gateway component. Community members please plan accordingly.

Thanks,
Nazeer

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Ed Cable <edc...@mifos.org> wrote:
Perfect. Sorry I had missed that.

Ed

Ippez Robert

Nov 18, 2016, 11:15:42 AM11/18/16
to Mifos Developer, mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
I have also realized all Jobs concerning SMS Campaign in the Job scheduler when selected and run, generated errors. Could someone try to select all the three Jobs for SMS Campaign and try to Run selected and then check the fineract-provider.log

Can we make some changes in client Creation API and UI so that a client has to subscribe for SMS Alert before so that the MFI can share cost for buying sms credits from providers instead of charging all clients who may not need alert or the whole cost lying on the MFI

Where creating Creating/Editing a client/group we can have a check box "Subscribe SMS Alert enable?" so that sms is sent to only clients who have subscribe for the sms alert.
The Jobs are:-
  1. Update SMS Outbound with Campaign Message
  2. Send Messages to SMS Gateway
  3. Get Delivery Reports from SMS Gateway

Thanks

Regards

Ippez Robert

Shaik Nazeer

Nov 19, 2016, 2:02:12 AM11/19/16
to Mifos software development, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.

Hi all,

Post QA and UAT, we are announcing formal release of MIFOSX 16.11.01.RELEASE.

I have updated demo and production servers with 16.11.01.RELEASE and I have installed message-gateway component in both the servers.

Thanks,

Nazeer

Shaik Nazeer

Nov 21, 2016, 1:35:42 AM11/21/16
to Ippez Robert, Mifos Developer, mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi Robert,

Can you please let me know on which instance you have tried? If it is your local instance, have you configured message-gateway?

If it is not configured properly, we will log the exceptions. It is normal behaviour.

Your suggestions are valid on costing and easy to implement. We will see any community member volunteers for this implementation.

Thanks,

Nazeer

From: Ippez Robert [mailto:ippez...@gmail.com]

I have also realized all Jobs concerning SMS Campaign in the Job scheduler when selected and run, generated errors. Could someone try to select all the three Jobs for SMS Campaign and try to Run selected and then check the fineract-provider.log

Ippez Robert

Nov 21, 2016, 3:01:55 AM11/21/16
to Mifos Developer, mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Nazeer,
The job schedulers are working fine as in the small portion of log below:-

10:56:04.506 [http-bio-8443-exec-16] INFO  o.a.f.i.s.f.TenantAwareBasicAuthenticationFilter - {"startTime":1479714964441,"totalTime":64,"method":"POST","url":"https://localhost:8443/fineract-provider/api/v1/jobs/26","parameters":{"command":["executeJob"]}}
10:56:05.031 [Scheduler1group4_Worker-1] INFO  o.a.f.i.s.s.SmsMessageScheduledJobServiceImpl - Status of SMS message id: 6 successfully changed to 200
10:56:05.033 [Scheduler1group4_Worker-1] INFO  o.a.f.i.s.s.SmsMessageScheduledJobServiceImpl - 1 delivery report(s) successfully received from the intermediate gateway - sms

I think in the previous case, the configuration of the gateway was not done properly by me.

Thanks
Regards
Ippez Robert