Reg. PENTAHO Report integration with MIFOS.

Karthik

Dec 8, 2011, 2:11:53 AM12/8/11
to mifos...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

    As far as my understanding MIFOS does not have any dashboards. I would like to know the feasibility of showing dashboard in MIFOS home screen.Is it a part of ROADMAP?

How can i integrate MIFOS with PENTAHO. Can i embed a PENTAHO report in MIFOS screen ? OR Can i provide a link for a report which takes me to the exact report in PENTAHO screen.

Ed Cable

Dec 8, 2011, 3:00:10 AM12/8/11
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Karthik,

In Mifos BI 1.3, we shipped one dashboard but it is only viewable in the Pentaho UI and not currently part of Mifos home screen.

Last year, Conflux Technologies shared on the mailing list a dashboard they built on Mifos homescreen - you can see this at:

Nayan/Vishwas - can you update Karthik and the rest of the community on what had built and if there is anything to share with the community?

Regarding integration of Pentaho UI in Mifos, there has been strong interest in providing that. I will let John and some of the other BI experts in the Mifos community respond to your questions.

Ed

Vishwas Babu

Dec 8, 2011, 3:21:02 AM12/8/11
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Ed, Karthik,

The dashboards were developed for Nirantara Financial Services (very specific to Nirantara's requirements and was mostly used for Display some dashboards on a TV in their HO).

That was quite some time ago (before Mifos BI). It was essentially a separate application talking to Mifos Database and was also embedded in the Mifos Home page using Iframes.

An older version of the code base is located at http://goo.gl/LAlbo

Regards,
Vishwas

Karthik

Dec 9, 2011, 8:22:19 AM12/9/11
to mifos...@googlegroups.com, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Thanks for the response. We are under strict deadlines. So we would like to atleast implement a hyperlink which may take us to the necessary report in Pentaho. Is it feasible. Or is there a ticket already in place to implement the required feature ??

Thanks,
J.K

Karthik

Dec 13, 2011, 7:55:58 AM12/13/11
to mifos...@googlegroups.com, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Can anyone give me some inputs on placing a hyperlink in MIFOS which will take me to the required  report in the PENTAHO ?

John Woodlock

Dec 13, 2011, 8:30:34 AM12/13/11
to mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Karthik,

http://mifosforge.jira.com/browse/MIFOSBI-230 is a link where a spike was done to put a dashboard (or any pentaho thing) into the mifos home page.

It goes into a few things like having to sign-on twice etc. so worth a read.  It is very basic integration and doesn't take into account the mifos users role and authorisation details.

the URL link to call one of the Mifos pentaho reports can be seen if you go into a pentaho server and open a report in a new window (actually you'll be opening the parameter input screen from which the report is run).

Below is what I get if I open "Active Loan Summary per Branch"

http://localhost:8080/pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf/RenderXCDF?solution=standardReports&path=%2F&action=ActiveLoanSummaryBranch.xcdf&template=mantle

Hope this helps.  And hopefully more integration options will become available... running pentaho reports directly from mifos or single signon.

John

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Karthik <jkj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can anyone give me some inputs on placing a hyperlink in MIFOS which will take me to the required  report in the PENTAHO ?
Systems Optimization Self Assessment
Improve efficiency and utilization of IT resources. Drive out cost and
improve service delivery. Take 5 minutes to use this Systems Optimization
Self Assessment. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sdnl/114/51450054/

Karthik

Dec 13, 2011, 8:42:39 AM12/13/11
to mifos...@googlegroups.com, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Thanks for the response. Will try this and let you know !