[Mifos-users] Support for alternative scorecard for capturing PPI

Ed Cable

Jun 28, 2012, 4:16:33 AM6/28/12
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Jakub,

I'm not sure how the back-end scoring and lookup tables for the PPI works but I wanted to discuss inclusion of an alternative format for capturing the PPI scorecard in India. Is it feasible to change the scoring logic and if so, what would be an estimate?

EDA, a PPI trainer and implementing partner, throughout India has modified the format of the questions such that they're less confusing and quicker to ask.  They've been slightly regrouped and reworded to reduce redundancy.  The survey is still the same and still results in the same scores but it would involve changing the logic of the answers to some extent. Rupal will share with me the full changes in the logic for the scoring which I'll forward along.

I've attached the standard official PPI for India and the alternative format developed by EDA. They are training MFIs on this new format so it would be good if we could support it within Mifos.

For example, here's how Question 10 has been optimized:

10. Does the household possess a bicycle, motorcycle/scooter, or motor car/jeep?
A. No, none 0
B. Yes, bicycle only, no motorcycle/scooter, or car 1
C. Motorcycle/scooter, but no car (regardless of bicycle) 13
D. Motor car/jeep (regardless of others) 18

The question has been reformatted as follows:

10a.  Motorcar or jeep

01 No    02 Yes

 18 points for Yes; 0 points for No

10b.  Motorcycle or scooter

01 No    02 Yes

If Yes, 0 points if 10a = 18; 13, if 10a = 0
If No, 0 points

10c.  Bicycle

01 No    02 Yes

If yes, 0 points if 10a or 10b not equal to zero; 1 point if 10a or 10b = 0

If no, zero.

Or for Question 6:

Does the household possess a television and a
VCR/VCD/DVD player?
A. No, neither one 0
B. Yes, only one 4
C. Yes, both 9

has been reformatted as:

6a. Television

01 No    02 Yes

If yes, 4 points

If no, 0 points

6b. VCR/VCD/DVD

01 No    02 Yes

If yes, 5 points if 6a = 4; 4 point, if 6a = 0

If no, 0 points.

Handout- New PPI Scorecard.pdf
Revised PPI format.docx

Ed Cable

Jul 4, 2012, 12:47:41 PM7/4/12
to mifos...@googlegroups.com, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Hey all,

Attached are ore details on the changes in scoring for a couple of the India PPI questions.
Q6,7,10.docx

Jakub Sławiński

Jul 18, 2012, 10:20:31 AM7/18/12
to mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi Ed,

sorry for a long delay - I had to overlook this mail.

Of course the logic can be changed and it shouldn't take more than 1-2
weeks. What do you think?

Regards,
Jakub.
> *01* No *02* Yes
>
> * 18 points for Yes; 0 points for No*
>
> 10b. Motorcycle or scooter
>
> *01* No *02* Yes
> If Yes, 0 points if 10a = 18; 13, if 10a = 0
> If No, 0 points
>
> 10c. Bicycle
>
> *01* No *02* Yes
>
> *If yes, 0 points if 10a or 10b not equal to zero; 1 point if 10a or 10b = 0
> *
>
> *If no, zero. *
>
> Or for Question 6:
>
> Does the household possess a television and a
> VCR/VCD/DVD player?
> A. No, neither one 0
> B. Yes, only one 4
> C. Yes, both 9
>
> has been reformatted as:
>
> 6a. Television
>
> *01* No *02* Yes
>
> If yes, 4 points
>
> If no, 0 points
>
> 6b. VCR/VCD/DVD
>
> *01* No *02* Yes
>
> If yes, 5 points if 6a = 4; 4 point, if 6a = 0
>
> If no, 0 points.

> Live Security Virtual Conference

Nayan Ambali

Jul 19, 2012, 1:14:11 AM7/19/12
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., Mifos software development
Hi Jakub,

In the PPI India 2009 xml, for the some of the question nicknames are still same as in PPI 2008 xml. Because of the same nickname these questions are not imported when you activate PPI India 2009 QG.

Technically most probable reason is
table questions has constraint UNIQUE INDEX `nickname` (`nickname`), so it will not allow to have two questions with same nickname.
It will be an issue for those MFIs who have activated PPI 2008. And wants to migrate to PPI 2009-10.

Thanks
Nayan Ambali
--
Regards