Re: [Mifos-users] [Mifos-developer] Embedded Pentaho reports

Jakub Sławiński

Apr 25, 2012, 8:42:39 AM4/25/12
to mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.

Hi,

I enabled these options at our test server
(http://ci.mifos.org:8085/mifos) and uploaded the example report
prepared by Pawel.

Please run the "Active Loans" report and feel the new pentaho power
embedded in Mifos! You can now choose one of the following output formats:
* HTML
* RTF
* XLS
* PDF
* CSV
* XML

If you like it, we can for example embed all the reports from the Mifos
BI suite in the next major Mifos release.

Regards,
Jakub.

On 04/20/2012 01:49 PM, Paweł Gesek wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> It is now possible to upload and run Pentaho(.prpt) reports in Mifos the
> same way as Birt reports. This runs out of the box in the workspace
> server, but in a standard Jetty server JNDI has to be turned on. The
> changes that have to be made to 'start.ini' in jetty directory are:
>
> 1) Add 'plus' and 'annotations' to OPTIONS, so that it looks something
> like this:
>
> OPTIONS=Server,jsp,jmx,resources,websocket,ext,plus,annotations
>
> 2) Enable the plus configuration by adding the following line at the end:
>
> etc/jetty-plus.xml
>
> Mifos reports in the BI repo depend on localization property files, so
> when running these reports, labels will be missing. In order to resolve
> this, the missing properties files must be added to the report files
> themselves and settings.xml must be modified. I am attaching a sample
> report with properties(modified ActiveLoansLoanProduct.prpt from mifos-bi).
>
> I would be grateful if you would test out this functionality and provide
> feedback.
>
> Regards
> Paweł Gesek

> Unsubscribe or change settings at:

Ed Cable

Apr 25, 2012, 9:34:03 AM4/25/12
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net
Great work Pawel!

Many thanks to John and Keith Woodlock for the guidance in helping bring embedded Pentaho reports to Mifos.

A quick question after running the one report briefly - is it possible to have the report open in the current frame like it does with BIRT reports and in Pentaho BI Suite?  Is something that users would rather have? Is it a major change to make?

Ed

Emily Tucker

Apr 25, 2012, 12:25:12 PM4/25/12
to Mifos software development, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Wow, this is really really really really cool.

Congratulations on such a significant milestone. I know users have been
wanting this for a long time!

Emily
> > -------- For Developers, A Lot Can Happen In A Second.

Chetan.B...@sungard.com

Apr 27, 2012, 1:20:00 AM4/27/12
to pata...@yahoo.com, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net

Patrick,

This is Chetan B and I am helping the Mifos community with some of the product management activities. As part of that, I am right now finalizing the requirements for the Fixed Deposit feature. You mentioned in the user meet up call yesterday that your potential clients are keen on using the Term Deposits feature.

Can you share a little more details on this ? If you have specific scenarios/use cases you would like to be covered, I would like to consider those before moving forward and finalizing the specification for the Fixed deposit feature. Kindly respond at the earliest as we in the final stages of completing the spec and Hugo Tech is keen that this feature becomes a part of the Mifos product for one of their potential clients.

Thanks

Chetan

Apr 29, 2012, 10:55:32 AM4/29/12
to Chetan.B...@sungard.com, mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Dear Chetan,
    This is how the Fixed Deposit module I am looking for.

    1. The module should maintain a receipt with interest rate and duration
        e.g An amount of 10,000 be deposited with an interest rate of 10% for 92 days.
              Here the module should be able to tell the maturity date.

   2. The module should allow for renewal instruction
        e.g The receipt maintained upon maturity can be renewed automatically with the following instrustions
             a. Renew receipt with the principal amount and transfer the interest into a savings account
             b. Renew the receipt with the both principal and interest
             c. Close receipt and transfer both principal and interest into savings account.
     3. Marking a fixed deposit as lien for a loan facility
        e.g Unless the loan is paid off, Mifos doesn't allow the closure of the receipt.

    Please feel free to let me know if you need any clarifications in what I have indicated.

    Thank you

Patrick Asare-Frimpong
Ghana - West Africa

Tel : +233208800414

Apr 30, 2012, 11:14:12 PM4/30/12
to mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
I have tried to upload the report Pentaho mifos ekstensi.prpt into the
system, but the message that appears is Please choose a BIRT report to
upload.
I have changed the configuration file start.ini, like this:

1) Add 'plus' and 'annotations' to OPTIONS, so That it looks something
like this:

OPTIONS = Server, jsp, jmx, resources, websocket, ext, plus,
annotations

2) Enable the plus configuration by adding the line at the end
Following:

etc / jetty-plus.xml

but still failed to upload, what else changes should I do?
Thanks for the explanation.

On Apr 27, 12:20 pm, <Chetan.Bekkink...@sungard.com> wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> This is Chetan B and I am helping the Mifos community with some of the product management activities. As part of that, I am right now finalizing the requirements for the Fixed Deposit feature. You mentioned in the user meet up call yesterday that your potential clients are keen on using the Term Deposits feature.
>
> Can you share a little more details on this ? If you have specific scenarios/use cases you would like to be covered, I would like to consider those before moving forward and finalizing the specification for the Fixed deposit feature. Kindly respond at the earliest as we in the final stages of completing the spec and Hugo Tech is keen that this feature becomes a part of the Mifos product for one of their potential clients.
>
> Thanks
> Chetan

Lukasz Chudy

May 7, 2012, 10:32:55 AM5/7/12
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., Safik Omara
Hi Safik,

Which version of Mifos are you using?

Regards,
Lukasz

Safik Omara

May 7, 2012, 10:00:04 PM5/7/12
to mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
I'm using jetty version 7.3.1 and mifos version 2.3.2
what changes should I do?
Thank you very much.

Lukasz Chudy

May 8, 2012, 7:33:54 AM5/8/12
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., Safik Omara
Safik,

Embedded Pentaho reports functionality is not available in Mifos 2.3.x.
You will be able to use pentaho reports in the next 'Vinolia I' release
(probably 2.4.x).

Regards,
Lukasz