Re: [Mifos-users] [Voting] Does bulk import feature (a.k.a. Data Import Tool) should be part of core platform

Dayna Harp

Jul 6, 2016, 12:10:22 AM7/6/16
to Nayan Ambali, Maek Twain, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., srinivasarao Yedida, jubha mayala, Krishnamurthy, Avik Ganguly, Abidkhan, ippez...@gmail.com, anu...@theupscale.in, n...@skyburgsystems.org, ayuk etta, us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, teddhy...@virtual-reflex.com, Daniel Carlson
+1

Dayna Harp
Director Strategic Initiatives, The Mifos Initiative
dh...@mifos.org | Skype: harpcreek | Mobile: 011+501.628.9686

Ending Poverty One Line of Code at a Time | http://mifos.org

On Jul 5, 2016, at 8:04 PM, Nayan Ambali <nayan....@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Mifos and Fineract users,

Should 'Data Import Tool' be integrated into core platform instead of maintaining it as separate product? if yes then please upvote.

if you want know more about 'Data Import Tool', please visit https://github.com/openMF/DataImportTool

Thanks and Regards,

Nayan Ambali
skype: nayangambali

Ashok

Jul 6, 2016, 12:10:22 AM7/6/16
to us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., Abidkhan, Krishnamurthy, ayuk etta, ippez...@gmail.com, Maek Twain, srinivasarao Yedida, Daniel Carlson, jubha mayala, n...@skyburgsystems.org, anu...@theupscale.in, teddhy...@virtual-reflex.com, Avik Ganguly
+1
It make sense to integrate and keep up to date with platform version.

--
Regards,
Ashok

Sent from mobile device

Nayan Ambali

Jul 6, 2016, 12:11:01 AM7/6/16
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, Abidkhan, Krishnamurthy, ayuk etta, ippez...@gmail.com, Maek Twain, srinivasarao Yedida, Daniel Carlson, jubha mayala, n...@skyburgsystems.org, anu...@theupscale.in, teddhy...@virtual-reflex.com, Avik Ganguly

ayuk etta

Jul 6, 2016, 8:07:25 AM7/6/16
to Skyburg Systems, Maek Twain, ippez...@gmail.com, srinivasarao Yedida, Krishnamurthy, Abidkhan, Daniel Carlson, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., anu...@theupscale.in, Avik Ganguly, us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, teddhy...@virtual-reflex.com, jubha mayala

+1 from this end also

On 6 Jul 2016 12:00, "Skyburg Systems" <in...@skyburgsystems.org> wrote:

+1

Sander van der Heyden

Jul 6, 2016, 8:07:26 AM7/6/16
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., Maek Twain, n...@skyburgsystems.org, srinivasarao Yedida, Krishnamurthy, Daniel Carlson, Abidkhan, Ippez Robert, anu...@theupscale.in, Avik Ganguly, ayuk etta, us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, teddhy...@virtual-reflex.com, jubha mayala
Firm +1 from this side as well!

Over time we've made various changes and bugfixes to the older version of the import tool, which can be found in this fork: https://github.com/Musoni/DataImportTool. Feel free to let me know if you want us to send any PR's for this.

I think it would also be good to think a bit about some of the more 'quirky' things in the import tool, such as the lack of some form of progress bar, and the issues that when a browser or user connection time out that there is no way to get the re-upload files. I would therefore suggest to store the files in S3/Local after processing so the user can fetch back using a processing ID or some form of history. Similar things can be done for checking progress as well, where the API consumer will get back a resource ID and that can be used to query for status.

Sander van der Heyden

CTO Musoni Services

Mobile (NL): +31 (0)6 14239505
Skype: s.vdheyden
Website: musonisystem.com
Follow us on Twitter!
Postal address: Hillegomstraat 12-14, office 0.09, 1058 LS, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Skyburg Systems

Jul 6, 2016, 8:07:30 AM7/6/16
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., Maek Twain, ippez...@gmail.com, srinivasarao Yedida, Krishnamurthy, Daniel Carlson, Abidkhan, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., anu...@theupscale.in, Avik Ganguly, ayuk etta, us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, teddhy...@virtual-reflex.com, jubha mayala

+1

Jul 6, 2016, 12:14:02 PM7/6/16
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., Maek Twain, n...@skyburgsystems.org, srinivasarao Yedida, jubha mayala, Krishnamurthy, Abidkhan, Ippez Robert, anu...@theupscale.in, Avik Ganguly, ayuk etta, us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, teddhy...@virtual-reflex.com, Daniel Carlson
+1

Nathan McClellan
VP, International Operations
65E Wadsworth Park DR, STE 207
Draper, UT 84020
Work:  801-456-0715
Fax:    801-676-7775
Cell:
801-753-8075

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

srinivasa Rao Yedida

Jul 13, 2016, 1:04:33 PM7/13/16
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., Maek Twain, n...@skyburgsystems.org, srinivasarao Yedida, Krishnamurthy, Daniel Carlson, Abidkhan, Ippez Robert, anu...@theupscale.in, Avik Ganguly, ayuk etta, us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, teddhy...@virtual-reflex.com, jubha mayala
+1 This is our one of the core requirement.

Nayan Ambali

Jul 21, 2016, 1:36:09 AM7/21/16
to Sander van der Heyden, Avik Ganguly, us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., teddhy...@virtual-reflex.com
Thanks Sander, I was under the impression that it is POI limitation :) and also please send the PR for the bug fix done by Musoni.

Thanks and Regards,

Nayan Ambali
skype: nayangambali

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Sander van der Heyden <sandervan...@musonisystem.com> wrote:
Hi Nayan,

The 4000 limitation is very easy to circumvent by removing the color coding done on the status column. The issue is that the excel class creates a new style for every marked up cell, instead of re-using the same one again. This causes a limitation in the number of styles that can be used in a single document. Removing the styling on the status column fixes that and since we've imported files of 20.000 clients and up to 10.000 loans using it. It just takes some time ;-)

Sander

Sander van der Heyden

CTO Musoni Services

Mobile (NL): +31 (0)6 14239505
Skype: s.vdheyden
Website: musonisystem.com
Follow us on Twitter!
Postal address: Hillegomstraat 12-14, office 0.09, 1058 LS, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

On 21 July 2016 at 06:22, Nayan Ambali <nayan....@gmail.com> wrote:
Sander,

Thanks for the feedback on usability, also we can think of office level import, at present import tool get the lookup data at org level and import template does not work if org has more than 4 thousand clients

And please please send the bug fix done at Musoni to openmf repo, looking forward for the PR.

Thanks and Regards,

Nayan Ambali
skype: nayangambali

Sander van der Heyden

Jul 22, 2016, 4:12:43 AM7/22/16
to Nayan Ambali, Avik Ganguly, us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., teddhy...@virtual-reflex.com
Hi Nayan,

I was looking to merge some of our work, but found out that the current dev and master branch is not building as result of various findBugs and PMD issues which seem to have been there for very long. To what extent have these already been addressed? Or is everyone just ignoring them and uncommenting when building?

Sander van der Heyden

CTO Musoni Services

Mobile (NL): +31 (0)6 14239505
Skype: s.vdheyden
Website: musonisystem.com
Follow us on Twitter!
Postal address: Hillegomstraat 12-14, office 0.09, 1058 LS, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Nayan Ambali

Jul 24, 2016, 9:58:02 AM7/24/16
to Sander van der Heyden, Avik Ganguly, us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., teddhy...@virtual-reflex.com
Yes Sander, test cases are ignored, I will try get them green :) mean while you can send the PR.

Nayan Ambali