[Mifos-users] Account selection in products

閲覧: 6 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Sander van der Heyden

未読、
2015/02/18 2:50:462015/02/18
To: A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.、Mifos software development
Hi all,

More and more we get the request to be able to be more flexible in linking different account types when setting up products in the system. For example:
- Book a loan insurance charge into a liability account (as it is a liability to the insurer)
- Book recoveries from write offs as an expense (they offset the write off and therefore keep the Income statement cleaner)
etc.

Ultimately I think it would be better to open up the selection of accounts and leave it to the user to ensure he or she selects the correct account type when setting up their products. This would help us quite a lot with some of the larger MFI's that have to do a lot of manual corrections now to get to their (correct) month end figures.

Keen to hear some thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Sander
--

Sander van der Heyden

CTO Musoni Services

Website: musonisystem.com
Follow us on Twitter!
Postal address: Hillegomstraat 12-14, office 1.11, 1058 LS, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Vishwas Babu

未読、
2015/02/18 10:49:192015/02/18
To: A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.、Mifos software development
Hi Sander,

I agree.

>>- Book a loan insurance charge into a liability account (as it is a liability to the insurer)
The API currently supports the same ( have not yet updated the API docs though and will do so shortly)

Regards,
Vishwas

Sander van der Heyden

未読、
2015/02/18 12:36:292015/02/18
To: A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.、Mifos software development
Hi Vishwas,

Great, thanks for being ahead of me :-). Which release has this taken effect on (or was it just always possible but undocumented)? Have you also updated the template API that pulls the accounts for each of the GL's to return them all?

Thanks,
Sander

Sander van der Heyden

CTO Musoni Services

Mobile (NL): +31 (0)6 14239505
Mobile (Kenya): +254 (0)707211284
Skype: s.vdheyden

Website: musonisystem.com
Follow us on Twitter!
Postal address: Hillegomstraat 12-14, office 1.11, 1058 LS, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Vishwas Babu A J

未読、
2015/04/06 22:17:142015/04/06
To: Mifos software development、A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Hi Sander,

This change was made in 1.26 release, details at https://mifosforge.jira.com/browse/MIFOSX-1634

The template API returns liability accounts too.

Regards,
Vishwas

On Feb 18, 2015, at 9:36 AM, Sander van der Heyden <sandervan...@musoni.eu> wrote:

Hi Vishwas,

Great, thanks for being ahead of me :-). Which release has this taken effect on (or was it just always possible but undocumented)? Have you also updated the template API that pulls the accounts for each of the GL's to return them all?

Thanks,
Sander

Sander van der Heyden

CTO Musoni Services

<logo.png>
<logo.png>

Sander van der Heyden

未読、
2015/04/07 2:58:032015/04/07
To: A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.、Mifos software development、Binny Gopinath
Hi Vishwas,

Thanks for highlighting. I discussed this one briefly with Binny at the Summit, and we both agreed that while this is a nice starter, in practice a customer should be able to select any account type for any of the drop downs. The product setup is normally not something that happens on a daily basis, and therefore is something done only by people that already have an idea about account etc. On our end the requirement to use these account types interchangeably does come back frequently. Looking at the work already done this should be a minor change, so would be nice if we could pick it up in the next release?

Sander

Sander van der Heyden

CTO Musoni Services

Mobile (NL): +31 (0)6 14239505
Mobile (Kenya): +254 (0)707211284
Skype: s.vdheyden
Website: musonisystem.com
Follow us on Twitter!
Postal address: Hillegomstraat 12-14, office 1.11, 1058 LS, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送
新着メール 0 件