[Mifos-users] Fwd: Fineract 16.08.01 Debian / Ubuntu package

Immanuel Jeyaraj

Oct 6, 2016, 6:32:34 AM10/6/16
to us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Dear All,

The fineractplatform 16.09.01 debian / ubuntu package is ready for download.

Follow the steps below

How to install fineract platform 16.08.01 in Debian / Ubuntu

1. download the package
http://package.sefier.in/mifosplatform-packages/fineractplatform_16.09.01_all.deb
2. Run the following

# sudo apt­ install python-­software-­properties
# sudo add­-apt-­repository ppa:webupd8team/java
# sudo apt­ update
# sudo apt install oracle­-java8-set-default mysql-server
# dpkg -i fineractplatform_16.08.01_all.deb

Note: we are still on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Once the package installed goto http<s>://localhost<port> and login with
mifos as user-id and password as password

If you want to re-configure the installed package

# dpkg-reconfigure fineractplatform

Immanuel

Immanuel Jeyaraj

Oct 31, 2016, 12:21:39 PM10/31/16
to Stephen Oduor, Mifos Users, us...@fineract.incubator.apache.org, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Dear Stephen,

If you are running mysql 5.6 then part of your dependency is met. To install oracle java8 (if you have openjdk-8-jre installed, it should be alright) you need to follow a process. That is the next dependency. The .deb package has tomcat server already embeded in it. The .deb package will ask some fundamental question and do the necessary configuration and populate the database. I just realise that server.xml files is not named properly. you can just rename the file in /opt/mifos.tomcat/conf directory. I will fix it in the next fineract release. The .deb package will not start tomcat server. You can manually start the tomcat server for the first time using service tomcat7 start.

That is all it requires.

Warmest regards,
Immanuel

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 8:43 PM, Stephen Oduor <stephe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the package, am new to mifos and I wanted to try it on my online ubuntu server, how can I configure it with already existing mysql 5.6 , without using apt install oracle­-java8-set-default mysql-server, I will appreciate your reply,

Thanks Immanuel