[Mifos-users] REMINDER: Developer Meeting Hosted by Mifos - GSOC 2018 Discussion - Jan 18 1300GMT

Ed Cable

Jan 17, 2018, 6:29:20 PM1/17/18
to Mifos software development, Dev, mifos-users, us...@fineract.apache.org
Hi all,

Just a reminder that the Mifos Initiative will be hosting a developer meeting on January 18 at 1300GMT via GoToTraining and we'll be discussing GSOC ideas.

Thanks,

Ed

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 4:49 PM, Ed Cable <edc...@mifos.org> wrote:
Hello everyone,

Google Summer of Code applications are due very early this year - January 23. We're not even finished with GCI but need to get our application and most importantly our ideas list ready!

The coding program officially runs from May 14 to Aug 14.

2017 was our biggest year of participation in GSOC to date with 12 interns mentored by the Mifos Initiative. This year we hope to participate again and will look to be doing not only projects on Apache Fineract 1.0 and the Mifos X web and mobile apps like we did last year but Fineract CN as well.

Mifos participation is in addition to whatever participation Apache Fineract might do as part of the umbrella organization, Apache Software Foundation.

Developers!
This program is one of our most impactful ways to extend our software but most importantly grow our community over the long run. Our most active volunteers, committers, and maintainers in the community have all been former GSOC students so if you're a senior community member looking for a great way to give back, this is it!

If interested please fill out this form and/or reply to this email thread. If you know someone who would be a good mentor, don't hesitate to invite them.

We have a developer meeting scheduled for January 18 at 1300GMT so let's use that as a means to solidify our list of ideas.

Partners & Users!

Regarding our list of Ideas, this year we'll both revisit some of the ideas that weren't picked up last year, continue evolving the apps that students have worked on in the past and try and begin doing some work on Apache Fineract CN, the Gen 3 architecture.

As we did last year, the majority of ideas we'll submit for our application will be related to Mifos X distribution powered by Apache Fineract 1.0 including web app (Community App), mobile apps (field officer, self-service), and other modules (data import tool, etc.) powered by Apache Fineract.

We'll be refining the list of ideas started at

Mark your calendars and register for our January 18 developer meeting - we'll use part of it to discuss what it means to be a GSOC mentor, and refine our list of ideas.

Cheers,

Ed Cable
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative
edc...@mifos.org | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649

Collectively Creating a World of 3 Billion Maries | http://mifos.org

--
Ed Cable
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative
edc...@mifos.org | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649

Collectively Creating a World of 3 Billion Maries | http://mifos.org

DIgital Telecom via Mifos-users

Jan 19, 2018, 10:40:38 AM1/19/18
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., Mifos software development, Dev, us...@fineract.apache.org, DIgital Telecom
Am using Mifos x if i want to see or to check who has not paid (DEFAULTERS) which report can i use?

Ed Cable

Jan 19, 2018, 9:02:05 PM1/19/18
to Mifos software development, Dev, mifos-users, us...@fineract.apache.org
Hi all,

Here's the screencast https://youtu.be/u-T6qViIKyI and slides from the recent dev meeting - https://goo.gl/AWkWBP.

If you have inputs on ideas you'd like to see worked on during Google Summer of code, add them to: