Re: [Mifos-users] Need help on 4 problems

Ed Cable

Oct 10, 2017, 1:52:28 PM10/10/17
to Kobus Van Wyk, us...@fineract.apache.org, mifos-users, Santosh Math, Ethan Toth
Hi Kobus,

Ed

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 11:20 PM, Kobus Van Wyk <kob...@nupay.co.za> wrote:

Hi Mifos

Hope you can help me, We are having 4 problems with a project we are doing.

1)      Change instalment date and amount:

Is it possible to change the value and date after a loan is active without doing a reschedule of the entire loan?

After a loan has been approved and disbursed, it isn't possible to change the value and date of installments if you're not using a loan with variable installments. I will let Santosh clarify further.

2)      Undo Waive Charge Function:

We see no function to undo a waive charge. Is this correct? When will such an function be available in the future.

As far as I know, you are correct that waiving of a loan charge can't be undone. I do believe that client charges can be undone. You can create a feature request on the Apache Fineract issue tracker at https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/FINERACT and we can try and prioritize identifying a volunteer or partner to work on this.

3)      Can we do Partial Waive of a charge?:

Is it possible to partial waive a charge? Example, Service fee charge for 2 month period of 30.00 and 50.00 was payed, thus the 1st month is fully payed and 2nd months will be partial paid 20.00, so there will be 10.00 outstanding. Can this charge be waived? Thanks for your assistance.

Santosh, can you please reply on whether or not this can be supported. If not, Kobus, please create a feature request by logging a ticket in the issue tracker.

4)      Why would declining balance installments change from repayment on Sep 28th to 29th?

When creating a declining balance loan with variable installments checked, why would the installments be different when using dates after the 28th of a month from all the other days before?

When changing the loan product to not allow variable installments, both the 28th and 29th come to the exact same result.

What is the reason for this behaviour.

Can you please share the parameters of the loan product you've configured so we can replicate and test. It might have to do with rounding of installments but I'll let Santosh speak to this as he'll have better knowledge.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards Kobus

This email is subject to an email disclaimer
EMAIL DISCLAIMER: http://www.altron.co.za/email.asp

--
Ed Cable
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative

Collectively Creating a World of 3 Billion Maries | http://mifos.org

Ed Cable

Oct 25, 2017, 2:14:19 PM10/25/17
to Kobus Van Wyk, us...@fineract.apache.org, mifos-users, Santosh Math, Ethan Toth
Kobus,

Just following up on this email again to see if you need further assistance.

Ed

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Ed Cable <edc...@mifos.org> wrote:
Hi Kobus,