[Mifos-users] Peter - Introduction

Aasd Basdgfa

Apr 23, 2015, 4:14:59 AM4/23/15
to mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi All,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Peter Naftaliev, I am a new volunteer in the MifosX project.

I live in Tel Aviv Israel, originally I was born in Russia.

I am interested in many things, including sports, music, physics, computers, psychology, economics and more. I am passionate about combining technology and social activity to bring about creative and important solutions for social problems using accessible tools, such as software platforms.
I have been interested in the microfinance world for a while now, because it allows for an accessible and efficient way to distribute wealth and possibility while at the same time promotes the weaker parts in human society
Luckily, I was able to find Mifos which looks like the exact project I have been searching to join.

I have a BSc in statistics and operation research and economics. Also, I am currently getting my MA in economics and compuer science.
I have been writing code for 12+ years. Nowdays I mainly work with Java C# and Python, while my main focus is natural language processing, machine learning and data mining.
I currently work as a CTO in a research project in Tel Aviv University, our research focuses on the Open Source community. The research goals are to study the characteristics, social network structure and data flows within the community in order to extract meaningful organizational, economical and structural insights of code developing and the interactions with private enterprise.

I am looking forward to working with all of you :)
Peter