[Mifos-developer] status of branches/sungard

Adam Monsen

Dec 16, 2009, 8:08:06 PM12/16/09
to Mifos Developer Discussions
branches/sungard appears to have fallen quite far out of date. After
pulling in the latest trunk changes, building branches/sungard fails.
Sungard folks, if there is still code on this branch that you want
included in the trunk, please do one of the following:
* work on getting the build to succeed for this branch
* abandon the branch and re-create a patch against the trunk

I tried a merge back to /trunk just to see how it would work, and there
were quite a few conflicts without obvious resolutions. Given this, I
would lean towards abandoning the branch, asking svn for the patch, and
(as they say in git-land) re-basing this against the trunk. This means
trying to apply the changes to the trunk, resolving conflicts as they
arise, and submitting a new patch (or patches) to the mifos-developer
mailing list.

signature.asc

Adam Monsen

Dec 16, 2009, 8:19:57 PM12/16/09
to Mifos Developer Discussions
> After pulling in the latest trunk changes, building branches/sungard
> fails.

Hmm, I take that back... for some reason I'm having trouble actually
pulling in all the latest trunk changes to branches/sungard -- the merge
works, but there are many "path" and "tree" conflicts. Do you guys want
to give it a try and see if you have any more luck?

The other avenue you can pursue, as I mentioned before, is just getting
the diff from svn and massaging that into a patch against the trunk (but
do not commit to trunk, of course).

signature.asc

Chand...@sungard.com

Dec 17, 2009, 6:28:23 AM12/17/09
to mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Adam

We are getting similar errors with builds here. Also eclipse seems to be pointing at certain poms having errors ( After I replaced my working copy with the one from the branch).

In case it is convenient to drop and recreate the branch basing it on the trunk. I should be able to move my changes that were on this branch without much sweat. Most of the work was with the regenerate schedule fix that I was working on.

Regarding the latest errors on sungard branch on Hudson, this was the stack trace I was getting besides various packages not being found. This is in addition to the console output shown on the Hudson build (http://tinyurl.com/ydw8c88), after I ran with the -e switch. Regarding this stack trace, I am all at sea.

org.apache.maven.BuildFailureException: Compilation failure
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:699)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:540)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:519)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:371)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:332)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:181)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:356)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:137)
at org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:4
1)
java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilationFailureException: Compilation fail
ure
at org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompiler
Mojo.java:516)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilerMojo.execute(CompilerMojo.java:114)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:483)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:678)

Thank you and regards
Chandan

http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-dev2dev

Adam Monsen

Dec 17, 2009, 1:00:41 PM12/17/09
to Mifos Developer Discussions
> In case it is convenient to drop and recreate the branch basing it on
> the trunk. I should be able to move my changes that were on this
> branch without much sweat. Most of the work was with the regenerate
> schedule fix that I was working on.

Ok, let's do that. In case it's more convenient, I'll wait to delete the
branch until you are able to get your changes from there. I know svn
preserves all history, but maybe would help you, I don't know.

Instead of having a generic "branches/sungard" branch for all your work,
just create separate independent patches (and, if necessary, branches)
for each patch. For instance, fixing bug X and adding enhancement Y
would be separate independent patches against the trunk, and if we need
to, we can commit them to separate branches.

What's on your roadmap?

> org.apache.maven.BuildFailureException: Compilation failure

Yep, compile failed... I don't know if/how this is different from the
compile errors on Hudson. Probably just corroborates that the merge to
branches/sungard failed.

signature.asc

Chand...@sungard.com

Dec 21, 2009, 2:04:44 AM12/21/09
to mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Adam

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation.

I have taken the backup of the changes done by me after the merge into the trunk. Please go ahead and replace the branch with the trunk.

> What's on your roadmap?

I haven't really thought about this but I guess creating branches for each issue that we try to fix is a good idea too. We can start with a branch for the work on the 'regenerate schedule fix' stuff, even though its small?

Thank you,

Regards
Chandan

Dec 21, 2009, 4:56:10 PM12/21/09
to Mifos Developer Discussions
> I haven't really thought about this but I guess creating branches for
> each issue that we try to fix is a good idea too.

In my last email I meant to clarify that you should maintain separate
independent patches. By "patches" I just mean plain text files in
unified diff format. These patches can be shared on the developer
mailing list and http://mifosforge.jira.com. I'd rather not have you
working on branches in svn at this time given how branches/sungard fell
so far out of date.

Please consider branches/sungard closed: do no further commits on that
branch. I'm not planning on merging any of branches/sungard into the
trunk since we'll deal with individual patches.

signature.asc