[Mifos-developer] Upgrade from 2.1.6 to 2.2.3

George Lteif

Jan 9, 2012, 7:47:10 AM1/9/12
to mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi All

I started testing the upgrade process from 2.1.6 to 2.2.3

The database upgrade was completed successfully, no errors of any kind

But as soon as a ran the Mifos app

I came across the following error

2012-01-09/14:38:44.890/EET ERROR, org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader, ?, ?, ?, Context initialization failed

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'financialRules' defined in URL [file:D:/Mifos/Jetty/conf/mifosBeanConfig.custom.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type 'java.util.LinkedHashMap' to required type 'java.util.Map' for property 'actionToDebitAccount'; nested exception is org.springframework.core.convert.ConversionFailedException: Unable to convert value "VOLUNTORYDEPOSIT" from type 'java.lang.String' to type 'org.mifos.accounts.financial.util.helpers.FinancialActionConstants'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.mifos.accounts.financial.util.helpers.FinancialActionConstants.VOLUNTORYDEPOSIT

                at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:527)

                at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)

                at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)

                at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)

                at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)

                at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:190)

                at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:580)

                at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:895)

                at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:425)

                at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:276)

                at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:197)

                at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:47)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:645)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:229)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1158)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:588)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:436)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.bindings.StandardStarter.processBinding(StandardStarter.java:36)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.AppLifeCycle.runBindings(AppLifeCycle.java:180)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.requestAppGoal(DeploymentManager.java:479)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.addApp(DeploymentManager.java:136)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.providers.ScanningAppProvider.fileAdded(ScanningAppProvider.java:137)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.providers.ScanningAppProvider$1.fileAdded(ScanningAppProvider.java:50)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.reportAddition(Scanner.java:477)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.reportDifferences(Scanner.java:389)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.scan(Scanner.java:339)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Scanner.start(Scanner.java:275)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.providers.ScanningAppProvider.doStart(ScanningAppProvider.java:114)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.startAppProvider(DeploymentManager.java:540)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager.doStart(DeploymentManager.java:219)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AggregateLifeCycle.doStart(AggregateLifeCycle.java:42)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:52)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:96)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:258)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:55)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$1.run(XmlConfiguration.java:1068)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration.main(XmlConfiguration.java:993)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.invokeMain(Main.java:477)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.start(Main.java:623)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.parseCommandLine(Main.java:273)

                at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.main(Main.java:81)

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type 'java.util.LinkedHashMap' to required type 'java.util.Map' for property 'actionToDebitAccount'; nested exception is org.springframework.core.convert.ConversionFailedException: Unable to convert value "VOLUNTORYDEPOSIT" from type 'java.lang.String' to type 'org.mifos.accounts.financial.util.helpers.FinancialActionConstants'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.mifos.accounts.financial.util.helpers.FinancialActionConstants.VOLUNTORYDEPOSIT

                at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertIfNecessary(BeanWrapperImpl.java:457)

                at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertForProperty(BeanWrapperImpl.java:499)

                at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertForProperty(BeanWrapperImpl.java:493)

                at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.convertForProperty(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1371)

                at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1330)

                at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1086)

                at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:517)

                ... 48 more

Caused by: org.springframework.core.convert.ConversionFailedException: Unable to convert value "VOLUNTORYDEPOSIT" from type 'java.lang.String' to type 'org.mifos.accounts.financial.util.helpers.FinancialActionConstants'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.mifos.accounts.financial.util.helpers.FinancialActionConstants.VOLUNTORYDEPOSIT

                at org.springframework.core.convert.support.ConversionUtils.invokeConverter(ConversionUtils.java:42)

                at org.springframework.core.convert.support.GenericConversionService.convert(GenericConversionService.java:184)

                at org.springframework.core.convert.support.MapToMapConverter.convert(MapToMapConverter.java:70)

                at org.springframework.core.convert.support.ConversionUtils.invokeConverter(ConversionUtils.java:36)

                at org.springframework.core.convert.support.GenericConversionService.convert(GenericConversionService.java:184)

                at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.convertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:141)

                at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertIfNecessary(BeanWrapperImpl.java:447)

                ... 54 more

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.mifos.accounts.financial.util.helpers.FinancialActionConstants.VOLUNTORYDEPOSIT

                at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:196)

                at org.springframework.core.convert.support.StringToEnumConverterFactory$StringToEnum.convert(StringToEnumConverterFactory.java:48)

                at org.springframework.core.convert.support.StringToEnumConverterFactory$StringToEnum.convert(StringToEnumConverterFactory.java:1)

                at org.springframework.core.convert.support.GenericConversionService$ConverterFactoryAdapter.convert(GenericConversionService.java:528)

                at org.springframework.core.convert.support.ConversionUtils.invokeConverter(ConversionUtils.java:36)

Do you think maybe the problem is from my mifosBeanConfig.custom.xml?

Thank you

Lukasz Chudy

Jan 9, 2012, 8:20:35 AM1/9/12
to mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi George,

Yes, this issue is related to mifosBeanConfig.custom.xml file. The problem is that in Mifos 2.2.3, word 'VOLUNTORY' was corrected to 'VOLUNTARY' (Jira issue http://mifosforge.jira.com/browse/MIFOS-5218).

Your file mifosBeanConfig.custom.xml still contains expressions with word 'VOLUNTORY'. So, the easiest way to fix that is to edit mifosBeanConfig.custom.xml file and replace all occurrences of 'VOLUNTORY' with 'VOLUNTARY'.

Let me know if it helps.

Best regards,
Lukasz

W dniu 09.01.2012 13:47, George Lteif pisze:
Unsubscribe or change settings at:

Georges Lteif

Jan 10, 2012, 2:11:29 AM1/10/12
to mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net
Works Great
thanks a lot for your help Lukasz

On Jan 9, 3:20 pm, Lukasz Chudy <lch...@soldevelo.com> wrote:
> [...]

> >                 at
> > org.springframework.core.convert.support.ConversionUtils.invokeConverter(Co nversionUtils.java:42)
>
> >                 at
> > org.springframework.core.convert.support.GenericConversionService.convert(G enericConversionService.java:184)
>
> >                 at
> > org.springframework.core.convert.support.MapToMapConverter.convert(MapToMap Converter.java:70)
>
> >                 at
> > org.springframework.core.convert.support.ConversionUtils.invokeConverter(Co nversionUtils.java:36)
>
> >                 at
> > org.springframework.core.convert.support.GenericConversionService.convert(G enericConversionService.java:184)
>
> >                 at
> > org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.convertIfNecessary(TypeConv erterDelegate.java:141)

Write once. Port to many.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-appdev