XBox 360's

Jonathan Wood

Feb 25, 2015, 7:54:26 PM2/25/15
to Midsouthmakers

My cousin's store has a ton of defunct XBox 360's that are available for a very low price (i.e. $5-10) if you guys have any project ideas for them. Let me know if you're interested.

John Wood

Feb 25, 2015, 7:59:54 PM2/25/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com

I'd certainly be interested in three. If that's possible.

On Feb 25, 2015 6:54 PM, "Jonathan Wood" <jawoo...@gmail.com> wrote:

My cousin's store has a ton of defunct XBox 360's that are available for a very low price (i.e. $5-10) if you guys have any project ideas for them. Let me know if you're interested.

Nick matta

Feb 25, 2015, 10:09:23 PM2/25/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
To what degree of defunct? I have an idea for a beowulf cluster.

Dan Hess

Feb 25, 2015, 10:11:10 PM2/25/15
to Midsouth Makers Public Mailing List
Having worked on the specific set of systems in question, they're probably $30 or more per system in fixing.

Thanks,

Daniel H.
Google Voice:  (901) 214-5326

- Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window

Greg Zapf

Feb 26, 2015, 9:30:41 AM2/26/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
For those using dead xboxen for parts rather than resurrection (or if a resurrection fails): you can harvest the xbox controller receiver, solder on a USB cable, and use your controllers with a PC.  Buying such a receiver, already manufactured, is about $7 on eBay.  Here's a tutorial on the harvest and solder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic7YPR1YJbM

--Greg

John Wood

Feb 26, 2015, 10:14:01 AM2/26/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
Jonathan,

Were you offering to buy the Xboxes and bring them to the Maker's site, then we reimburse you, or should we venture to this store and make our own purchases?

If the former, that's awesomely generous of you, if the latter, where should we go?

John

Jonathan Wood

Feb 26, 2015, 10:51:22 AM2/26/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
I'll be up at the store on Saturday and can go ahead and purchase them then if that's easiest for everyone. Buying more at one time would decrease the price for them. So far we're looking at 3 for you and potentially an unspecified number for Nick, right?

John Wood

Feb 26, 2015, 11:00:05 AM2/26/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
Sweet. Let me know when and where Saturday, I'll be there.

Thanks

Jonathan Wood

Feb 26, 2015, 12:50:26 PM2/26/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com

Actually, I could probably pick them up Friday and bring them to the Open House.

John Wood

Feb 26, 2015, 12:53:39 PM2/26/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
Works for me if you don't mind.

Jonathan Wood

Feb 26, 2015, 1:47:15 PM2/26/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com

Were you interested?

John Wood

Feb 26, 2015, 1:52:54 PM2/26/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com

Sure I can come by the open house and pick them up.

Jonathan Wood

Feb 26, 2015, 2:05:45 PM2/26/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com

He said $10 each. Can you guys send your final counts? Also, I accept cash and check for reimbursement... ;)

John Wood

Feb 26, 2015, 2:07:40 PM2/26/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com

3 please and my maths are right that's $30 for me sir.

Jonathan Wood

Feb 27, 2015, 5:29:02 PM2/27/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
I'm having to stay a bit late at work tonight and won't be able to pick up the 360's until tomorrow. Sorry! Let me know the best way to get them to you guys and we can get that taken care of.

John Wood

Feb 27, 2015, 5:41:42 PM2/27/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com

J,
No worries. If you want to you can just leave my 3 at the site whenever is convenient for you. More importantly, how would you want me get the money to you?

Jonathan Wood

Feb 27, 2015, 6:55:27 PM2/27/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com

Plans changing again. Managed to get to the store before they closed and got 7. I'll have them at the Space tonight.

John Wood

Feb 27, 2015, 7:24:50 PM2/27/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com

I won't be able to make it up to the space tonight now Jonathan. If you want, I can leave the money at the space tomorrow.

Jonathan Wood

Feb 27, 2015, 8:01:55 PM2/27/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com

Not a problem. Let me know when you'll be nearby and I can meet you there. I live close by.

John Wood

Feb 27, 2015, 8:04:22 PM2/27/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Jonathan. How's 10am tomorrow?

Joe Ferguson

Feb 27, 2015, 8:28:59 PM2/27/15
to midsout...@googlegroups.com, midsout...@googlegroups.com
You should probably take this convo off list since it's only affecting a few people.

--
- Joe Ferguson
MemphisTechnology.org

Jonathan Wood