Shopsmith Mark V

John Wood

Jan 6, 2016, 2:13:04 PM1/6/16
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
Hello Makers,

I have a gentleman who has a ShopSmith Mark V he is looking to sell.

I don't have pics yet, but I am working on getting some.

I know he is the 2nd owner and that it has a 520 upgrade, which I'm not familiar enough to know what that is.
He believes it was built around 1997. It has very few flaws. Minor surface rust on the table saw and planer.
Some scuffing where the previous owner hit the table with the disc sander.
It also includes a lathe and several other accessories.

Asking $2800 and would need to be picked up in West Memphis.

If anyone is interested, let me know. If this could be considered a purchase for the group, I would be willing to contribute.

Thanks!
John Wood

Ed Stafford

Jan 7, 2016, 9:14:29 PM1/7/16
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
If you have never had the chance to use one of these, they are REALLY fun, especially when space is a luxury.  The only downside I ever had was making sure you were done with all your cuts before changing over to the sanding station, lathe, etc.  My neighbor had one when I was a teenager, and we both wore it out building stuff.

Just make sure it's got the fully accessory kit with it!  That thing has a ton of pieces.

Ed Stafford