Motors

Trent

Nov 22, 2016, 4:41:29 PM11/22/16
to Midsouth Makers - Memphis Hacker/Maker Space

How do I read the information on these motors?  The part numbers in looked up in Google don't tell me much, or I am looking wrong.

Danny Chamberlin

Nov 22, 2016, 4:49:34 PM11/22/16
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
I'm guessing your dryer has crapped out on you?

Danny

Trent Bontly

Nov 22, 2016, 5:08:08 PM11/22/16
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
Actually these are working motors I want to use in a float for Bartlett to spin some cupcakes

Trent A. Bontly

Walter Stokes

Nov 23, 2016, 11:27:00 AM11/23/16
to midsouth-makers

These are both AC motors. The one with exposed wiring is set up for 115v (110-120v is normal household voltage) and draws 5.3A to spin at 1645 rpm. The enclosed motor is set up for 220V, spins at 3450 rpm, and draws 2.3A.
Both of these are going to spin way too fast to direct drive your cupcakes and you'll need a hefty inverter to change the direct current from a car battery into the alternating current that these need. They may also be missing some capacitors needed to start or run them, but maybe not.
My suggestion (which you explicitly did not ask for) is to use a DC motor with a gearbox already installed. Maybe try to find some really light duty used winches. If the cupcakes are light enough you may be able to get away with power window motors from the scrap yard. If they're super light, windshield washer motors might work.

=Walter Stokes

Gmail

Nov 23, 2016, 11:42:17 AM11/23/16
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
What is it out of?

Gmail

Nov 23, 2016, 11:44:26 AM11/23/16
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
Amazon has it for $70.98 & free shipping.

Trent Bontly

Nov 29, 2016, 9:44:24 AM11/29/16
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.