Laser cutter update

Claudio Donndelinger

Apr 30, 2016, 7:44:56 PM4/30/16
to Midsouthmakers

We are cleaning the laser cutter mirrors this weekend. We'll update you when the laser cutter is operational again.

Thank you for your patience!

Claudio

Danny Chamberlin

May 1, 2016, 9:42:41 PM5/1/16
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
Laser Cutter update: The laser cutter is operational again, this time with freshly cleaned mirrors and lens. As such, much of the fade that has been seen recently has been corrected and it's back to/close to its original strength. So please, before you start cutting a new project, test a scrap piece of your material first to make sure you have the appropriate speed/power settings.

Danny Chamberlin
Secretary,
MidSouth Makers

Danny

Claudio

markt...@gmail.com

May 1, 2016, 10:31:59 PM5/1/16
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
Is this just a routine maintenance issue, or a problem with the materials being cut recently?

Danny Chamberlin

May 1, 2016, 10:33:51 PM5/1/16
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
If by "routine" you mean once every 18 months, then yes ;)

Danny

Keith Hoard

May 2, 2016, 5:04:34 PM5/2/16
to Midsouth Makers - Memphis Hacker/Maker Space
Thanks!!