laser cutter status

gatesofmemphis

Jul 6, 2017, 7:56:08 PM7/6/17
to Midsouth Makers - Memphis Hacker/Maker Space
I'm approved for the laser cutter but it's been a while since I used it.

Questions:

1. is it working now?

2. is there a manual available?

thanks,

Roy

Brandon Brookenthal

Jul 6, 2017, 8:16:16 PM7/6/17
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
The issue is the Emergency Stop button. It's fixed.

Some people have been pushing it and leaving it that way. I'm unsure why.

Anyone know why? Is there an issue with the machine I'm unaware of?

Thanks,
Brandon

claudio donndelinger

Jul 6, 2017, 11:48:14 PM7/6/17
to Midsouthmakers
The laser cutter is operational. If you'd like a refresher course we'd be happy to arrange it-- just let me know. The wiki holds most of the information: http://wiki.midsouthmakers.org/a/Laser_cutter

CD

Danny Chamberlin

Jul 7, 2017, 6:18:35 AM7/7/17
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
Brandon, Roy was referring to the fire and subsequent issues getting it back up and running

Danny

Danny Chamberlin

Jul 7, 2017, 6:20:18 AM7/7/17
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
To follow up on what Claudio said, after the fire we made everyone who wanted to use the cutter go back through the basic training (group or one-on-one) before they could use it again.

Danny

Danny

gatesofmemphis

Jul 7, 2017, 10:02:42 AM7/7/17
to Midsouth Makers - Memphis Hacker/Maker Space
Thanks everyone and especially to Brandon as I wouldn't have figured out the Stop button.

I used it last night before I saw that I had to have a refresher but I'd still like one. Do we do those during open house or on demand?