CNC Machine

Kris Steward

May 24, 2016, 10:36:59 AM5/24/16
to Midsouth Makers - Memphis Hacker/Maker Space
Hey Friends,

I haven't been up there in a while, does the space have a working CNC Machine right now? I'm looking to cut on a 1/8"X18"X18" workpiece, so it needs to be big-ish.

Danny Chamberlin

May 24, 2016, 10:40:43 AM5/24/16
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
What material? We have the Shapeoko 2, but I don't recall it's build size at the moment. The OX is going to take a little (lot) more to get ru nning

Danny

Danny

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Kris Steward <kristoph...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Friends,

I haven't been up there in a while, does the space have a working CNC Machine right now? I'm looking to cut on a 1/8"X18"X18" workpiece, so it needs to be big-ish.

Kris Steward

May 24, 2016, 11:15:13 AM5/24/16
to Midsouth Makers - Memphis Hacker/Maker Space
Hmm, that might work. I'm cutting ACM sandwich panel, and there is precedent on their forums of someone doing that successfully with a stock Shapeoko 2. According to their wiki, Shapeoko 2 cuts 12"x12"x2.5" so I might be able to cut down my material to make it fit. I'll look into that more later this week. Thanks Danny

- kris