Ryobi bench grinder

rrwri...@yahoo.com

Sep 26, 2016, 8:54:56 PM9/26/16
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
The grinder in the shop is in dangerous condition and should not be used until repairs are made. I noticed the following problems:
1, the gringing wheel should at least be dressed to bring it close to round. It should also have better bushings.... Utube.
2, the wire wheel is too thin for this unit and won't tighten. It will at best serve to gouge the shaft.
3, what is serving as a tool rests are actually the spark arresters and should be installed in the proper place.
4, a proper tool rest should be installed.
5, eye guards should be installed.
6, a proper mount should be made and the unit attached to it.... A good mount can be mobile. Clamps can hold it to a work bench.
These things can cause serious injuries. Please be safe. And good luck.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device

Ben Eishen

Sep 26, 2016, 9:09:26 PM9/26/16
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know the origin of the grinder? I think someone might of accidentally left it up there.

--
Ben S. Eishen

773.234.7436 | b...@eishen.com

Message has been deleted

Troy Carter

Oct 18, 2016, 10:22:25 AM10/18/16
to Midsouth Makers - Memphis Hacker/Maker Space
Hey Ben,

Didn't notice this post till recently... been out of town and haven't visited this site in a while.

I left the bench grinder. I was going to donate it but didn't realize it had so many issues. I got it from work. It was only used for the wire brush at work and when I got it, I just used it with a special paper wheel used for sharpening knives. It worked fine for those applications. It didn't have a grinding wheel so I stopped by harbor freight and picked one up before leaving it. Harbor Freight stuff is really hit or miss sometimes. If getting it into usable condition is too much of a pain I can take it back if no one wants it.

Troy
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to midsouth-make...@googlegroups.com.

Robert Wright

Oct 25, 2016, 10:46:46 AM10/25/16
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
I can likely fix it... Just need to get the parts.

Leave everyone and everything better than you found them.