Free laptop

Ben Eishen

Mar 11, 2014, 9:24:03 PM3/11/14
to midsout...@googlegroups.com

I've dropped an older 15in working laptop at the space. If anyone wants it it'll be above the vinyl cutter comp.

IMG_20140311_201857.jpg

Erik Dominguez

Mar 11, 2014, 9:45:19 PM3/11/14
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
Does it work?

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 8:24 PM, Ben Eishen <b...@eishen.com> wrote:

I've dropped an older 15in working laptop at the space. If anyone wants it it'll be above the vinyl cutter comp.

Dan Hess

Mar 11, 2014, 9:48:49 PM3/11/14
to Midsouth Makers Public Mailing List
Ben is looking for something in the shop and says to read the email.  Specifically around the part that says "working laptop," but does want to contribute that it is missing a hard drive and the battery seems OK.

Thanks,

Daniel H.
Google Voice:  (901) 214-5326

- Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window

Danny Chamberlin

Mar 11, 2014, 9:51:12 PM3/11/14
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
What about doing a live hack on it and turn it into a digital photo frame or something at the con? I  know everyone wants to see the plastic shitters, but it might be neat to actually have an ongoing project ?

Danny

Danny

erik

Mar 11, 2014, 10:42:42 PM3/11/14
to midsout...@googlegroups.com, midsout...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply, missing hard drive is what I was looking for. I know that Ben's version of "working" is unique...

Sent from my iPhone

Chad Miller

Mar 11, 2014, 11:20:02 PM3/11/14
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
I have one for use.  Centrino.  Functional.  Battery life is shyte.  Screen is a lil' junked at the corner but functional non the less.  Was running Ubuntu 13.04 just fine.

erik

Mar 12, 2014, 1:02:03 AM3/12/14
to midsout...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, there is a woman at work who is a little down on her luck that I was gonna get it for. But I think linux isn't a good fit for her.

Sent from my iPhone