Help!! XML XSL - Access is denied. Error processing resource

Peter

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
Help Please!!!
I have a web site that redirects vistors to a xml document on a second site,
the xml references a xsl document also on the 2nd site. When accessing
through IE5 the following errror occurs:
(Using W2000 server / professional)

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet.
Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again
later.
----
Access is denied. Error processing resource
'http://10.192.201.40/Energy/search.xsl'.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Anonymous access is in place.
I pasted the same address directly in the browser and it displays the
document just fine. When accessing the xml doc directly through local file
system (explorer) the document renders just fine also accessing the xsl with
no problem.

Is this a client or server issue???

Thanks,
Peter Hutchins

Peter

Feb 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/16/00
I replied but it didn't seem to get through so here I go again.

My original problem apparently came from the IE option to "Access data
sources across domains".
Once I checked this as "Enabled", It works fine. but....

For non-IE5 browsers I crerate the HTML on the server using the

msXML.transformNodeToObject msXSL, response
<<

problem is that it is returning nothing.
msXML.parseError.errorCode = -2146697209 (<< how would I look this up
anyway?)
msXML.parseError.reason = No data is available for the requested resource.
msXML.parseError.url = http://10.192.201.40/Energy/Queries/qryA1911432.xml
msXSL.url = http://10.192.201.40/Energy/SearchSafe.xsl

I think it is the same problem as IE above, "Access data sources across
domains" is disabled.
How would I tell the server its OK?
Also I tried to load the xml/xsl docs through the local file system, but it
fails
ex: msXML.Load "\\server\sharename\aXMLDoc.xml"
also tried msXML.Load "file://server\sharename\aXMLDoc.xml"
no good.

any suggestions???

The concept is Server1 locates the xml doc requested by client and redirects
them to the doc located on server2 which also stores various xsl docs, xml
style sheets and other data.

Thanks very much for your response,
Peter H.

""Microsoft"" <jmarsh...@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So navigating directly to the site works fine? Everything works fine
> except when redirecting?
>
> - Jonathan Marsh
> Microsoft
>

> --------------------
> From: "Peter" <hutc...@deq.state.ms.us>
> Subject: Help!! XML XSL - Access is denied. Error processing resource
> Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:12:26 -0600

Microsoft

Feb 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/24/00
by the IIS team, as it is not an XML-specific problem. I don't know about
file share access, but I suspect it also is not supported.

Would it be possible to use a true Redirect to the other site instead of
fetching the files off the site for processing?

- Jonathan Marsh
Microsoft

--------------------
From: "Peter" <hutc...@deq.state.ms.us>
Subject: Re: Help!! XML XSL - Access is denied. Error processing resource
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:03:33 -0600

Peter

Feb 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/24/00
As far as "True Redirect" I'm not sure what you mean.

I use the ASP response.redirect after detecting the browser, browser version and appropriate xml doc.
If the client can support xml/xsl(IE5) then a redirect is used (and preferred).
But if the user can't (Netscape, IE4, etc.) then I need to render the HTML for them on the server and return HTML only.

But then the client has to allow "access data sources across domains"
for them to render from the xsl, since the ASP redirects them to another server??.
Even though the xml and xsl are on same machine. I assume this is because the original asp is from another server.

I have two servers, 1 a dedicated web server (with access to a SQL server), 1 a dedicated file server. The web server actually builds the xml docs and places them on the file server. It does this with a SQL Internet Connector which the file server does not have. A redirect is neccesary.

Thanks for your help,
Can you recommend a more appropriate newsgroup for my problem.
-Peter H.