Microsoft Works OUT OF MEMORY

Marjorie

Nov 11, 2009, 2:57:02 PM11/11/09

I am using Works for Windows 95 in XP; When trying to print an envelope or
document, Out of Memory pops up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the
printer and Works, and deleated unnecessary files with no change. It doesn't
appear that Works 4.5 can be updated. If I purchase and install Works 9, can
I access all of my old documents, address book, etc.?
--
Marjorie

Ken

Nov 11, 2009, 4:42:52 PM11/11/09
See the workaround section of this knowledge base article using Generic
printer.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933828/

Also you should upgrade to Works version 4.5a.

Works 4.0 & 4.5 - Year 2000 Update (English)
http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/downloads.mspx#EnglishY2K

Note: this update includes several patches to resolve some problems in
version 4.5.

Ken

"Marjorie" <Marj...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Michael Santovec

Nov 11, 2009, 4:49:16 PM11/11/09
If you haven't already installed it, there is a free Works 4.5a update
available for download
Works: Year 2000 Patch Available for Works for Windows (4.5a)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=191999

Based on your comments, I'm guessing that you already have seen this
article
"Out of Memory" error message when you print in Works
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841220

And you may have already tried this fix

Problems printing or doing Copy/Paste in Works: Check for and delete any
old temporary files (Start, Find, Files or Folders, *.TMP). Don't
delete any files if their date/time stamp is since the last boot of
Windows.

You may have some file compatibility issue jumping to version 9. That's
a common problem when you go more than two versions forward. And I
don't think that version 9 supports the address book.

You have a couple of options if you want to move to another version.

You can have more than one version of Works installed. Installing a
newer version will uninstall the older. But you than then reinstall the
older version. Just be sure to choose a different folder to install to.

If you went to version 6 instead of 9, you'll have fewer compatibility
issues. You should be able to pick up a copy of version 6 cheap on the
internet.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us