Word cannot attach a document to a protected template

kur...@aon.at

Mar 29, 2006, 2:51:36 AM3/29/06
There is a problem in word when you want to attach a protected template
to a document. Because I found no real solutions in the groups I will
post my workaround:

1. Open the Template as an AddIn: AddIns.Add(Filename, true)
2. Open the Template as a Document: Templates(Filename).OpenAsDocument
3. Unprotect this Templatedocument
4. Attach the Template to your Document: AttachedTemplate =
Templates(Filename)
5. Close the Templatedocument (without saving it)
6. Delete the Template from the AddIns: AddIns(Filename).Delete

Kurt Zimmermann