Where can I find the dagger symbol?

KP

Jul 18, 2007, 5:08:03 PM7/18/07
Where can I locate the superscripted dagger symbol? I haven't located it on
any of the "symbol" options. Have I simply overlooked it?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Jul 18, 2007, 7:46:03 PM7/18/07
Yes, you've overlooked it. It's at U2020 (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm), but note that the *
† ‡ ¶ series of note reference marks are not usually superscripted (unlike
numbers or letters used as note reference marks).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"KP" <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

jared...@gmail.com

May 10, 2014, 7:38:17 AM5/10/14
On Thursday, July 19, 2007 5:08:03 AM UTC+8, KP wrote:
> Where can I locate the superscripted dagger symbol? I haven't located it on
> any of the "symbol" options. Have I simply overlooked it?

Under 'General Punctuation'
Shortcut key: Alt +0134

alex....@arcusglobal.com

Nov 24, 2016, 5:48:15 AM11/24/16
On Wednesday, 18 July 2007 22:08:03 UTC+1, KP wrote:
> Where can I locate the superscripted dagger symbol? I haven't located it on
> any of the "symbol" options. Have I simply overlooked it?

If you go to "Insert Special Character" there's a search by keyword which appears to recognise the html common names, so I just typed dagger and it came up! U2020 as mentioned previously.

It also worked when I drew a little stick figure of it in the box.

Well done Google Docs developers!

--
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential
information which is the property of Arcus Global Ltd. It is intended only

Registered VAT Number : GB975863067

uris...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2018, 6:11:22 PM12/14/18
Thank you, Jared! this was helpful...I found the short cut but I was unable to locate the actual location. Thank you again!