Aspect ratio lost in Word 95-to-97

1 view

Dirk Bender

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

Here's a weird one.

We use both linked and embedded graphics in our operator's manual Word
documents.

Recently we upgraded to Word 97 and the glitches were mercifully minor.
However, for some reason, we have a recurring problem with some linked
bitmapped images. On some documents, the aspect ratio is OK. On others,
even though we've clicked on the "lock aspect ratio" from the "Format
Object/Size" menu, the aspect ratio is lost.

This isn't the worst thing in the world, but it affects a lot of
documents. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know of a solution?

By the way, I tried to contact Microsoft's tech support people at the
web site, but after going through their long registration procedure, I
was locked in an endless loop so I gave up!

--Dirk
if emailing me, remove "REMOVE_THIS_PART" from email address.

Bob Buckland

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

Hi Dirk,

If you look at Help=>About Word does it say "Word97" or "Word97 SR1"?
It it doesn't have SR1 you need the update that fixed the
problem with linked graphics not holding scaling properties.

http://microsoft.com/office/office97/servicerelease

On the web site (and yes the registration wizard does get bizarre,
be sure you've set your browser to use cookies or you will stay
in a loop.

==
Bob Buckland ?:-)
Businessware, since 1979, Simi Valley, California

Courtesy is not expensive-and it pays big dividends"

Net-Tamer V 1.08X - Test Drive

Dirk Bender

May 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/27/98

Thanks, Bob.

Actually, I already have SR1--from a recently-purchased program disk,
not the web site. So...who knows what gives?

Anyway, thanks for the "cookies" tip, that's worth knowing!

--Dirk