Re: How can I make the Spanish upside down punctuation?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

May 26, 2005, 12:19:12 PM5/26/05
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
all may benefit.

"Carin Massaro" <Carin Mas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:00514B5B-0C99-4FEA...@microsoft.com...
> I know that alt 130 = é but I do not know how what sequence is used for
the
> Spanish upsaide down question mark and the exclamation. Does anyone know?

Former IT''er

Jun 5, 2007, 8:52:03 PM6/5/07
Thank you. I wasn't able to get it to work in Publisher, but I was able to
in Word and then copied and pasted it into my Publisher document.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Jun 5, 2007, 9:16:34 PM6/5/07
The Insert | Symbol dialog is available in Publisher as well.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
all may benefit.

"Former IT''er" <Forme...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

silver

Apr 25, 2008, 10:34:01 AM4/25/08
I'm trying to use the "insert symbol" to add a tilda over an n. When I click
on the tilda to add it, it just adds a tilda and no n. How do I get the
symbol over the letter? Thanks,

Jay Freedman

Apr 25, 2008, 10:47:08 AM4/25/08
Do not try to use the separate tilde symbol ~ to try to make combinations
like ñ. There are characters already in the font for these combinations.
Look farther down in the Insert > Symbol dialog.

For example, ñ is character number 241 when the character code dropdown is
set to "ASCII (decimal)". Also, there are default shortcuts for most of
these characters; for this one, press and release the Ctrl, Shift, and ~
keys together, then press the n key.

If you need to combine a tilde with some character for which there isn't an
existing combination, then you can use the "combining tilde" at Unicode
value 0303 (as a shortcut, type 0303 in the document and press Alt+X) or an
EQ field (http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

all may benefit.

silver

Apr 25, 2008, 11:01:02 AM4/25/08
This is in Publisher. Many of these options seem to work in Word, but not in
Publisher - for instance Ctrl, Shift, and ~ doesn't get me an n with a
tilde. Also the insert symbol menu for the font I am using only has the
symbols seperately - there are the tildes and accent marks in the symbol menu
- but not over letters. I was hoping since the accents are there, there was a
way to insert them over the characters. Seems like I did it once before with
this font, I just can't remember how I did it.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Apr 25, 2008, 12:26:37 PM4/25/08
The font you are using must be a very old or very cheap one, as all fonts
nowadays include at least the full ANSI character set, and most have Unicode
formatting. You should find ñ at character 0241 (ASCII) or 00F1 (Unicode) in
the Insert | Symbol dialog. Or you can use the Windows Character Map.

For Publisher questions, however, you should really post in the Publisher
newsgroup, as questions here are assumed to be about Word.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"silver" <sil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Guns

Nov 8, 2009, 11:34:01 AM11/8/09

Alt then 168 ¿ When you let go of the alt you get the symbol
160 á
130 é
161 í
164 ñ
165 Ñ
162 ó
163 ú
129 ü
173 ¡
I know this post is old but usefull information from my spanish class
homework...

Peter T. Daniels

Nov 8, 2009, 12:53:51 PM11/8/09
If you have a US keyboard, you don't need to remember all those codes.
The accents for all the Western European languages have keyboard
shortcuts built into Word. For an acute accent, type
Ctrl-' (apostrophe) followed by the letter (l.c. or capital); for a
grave, Ctrl-` (next to the 1 key); for a tilde, Ctrl-~ (shift-`); for
the circumflex, Ctrl-^ (shift-6); for the dieresis/umlaut, Ctrl-:
(colon); for the cedilla, Ctrl-, (comma). (And there are specific ones
for the other letters in French, German, and Scandinavian -- double-s,
ae, oe, slashed-o, crossed-d.)

ksmi...@adams12.org

May 16, 2014, 1:52:09 PM5/16/14

sald...@johnsoncreekschools.org

Aug 17, 2015, 9:23:29 PM8/17/15
how can i do it on google doc?

--
***
This message has been sent from a student email account through the Johnson

Stefan Blom

Sep 1, 2015, 5:36:32 PM9/1/15
The keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Word may not work in Google Docs.
You can use the Character Map in Windows to add special characters.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP