Citation & Bibliography tab greyed out

Fireinv1304

Jul 25, 2008, 9:45:00 PM7/25/08
When looking at the reference tab Word 2007, the only option I have under
Citation & Bibliography is insert citation, search libraries. Everything
else is greyed out and the style says missing in the box. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks

Griff67

Aug 30, 2008, 1:44:01 PM8/30/08

Griff67

Aug 30, 2008, 1:46:00 PM8/30/08
Sorry, happy fingers on the Post button...

Was a solution ever found for this? I have the same problem and go figure I
left my Office DVD at home when I came to school so I can't even reinstall
quickly.

grammatim

Aug 30, 2008, 5:57:06 PM8/30/08
I think you need to have added at least one Source to your document in
order for all the other stuff to become available? So Insert a
Citation and see if that doesn't fix it.

> > appreciated.  Thanks-

Griff67

Aug 31, 2008, 8:21:00 AM8/31/08
No luck. If I try to insert a citation, the only option I am given is to
'Search Libraries.' At school and work I the Citation button works all
documents including blank documents. I'm thinking something was missed
during install like the bibliography XLS sheets. I'm going to look at the
directories on my work PC and see if the structure is different.

Sven

Aug 31, 2008, 9:29:00 PM8/31/08
Got the same problem here, can't find any help on it...
Running latest versions of Office Pro 2007 and XP Pro.

If there was afix for this i would like to know.
Cheers

p0

Sep 1, 2008, 2:15:47 AM9/1/08
On 31 aug, 14:21, Griff67 <Grif...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> No luck.  If I try to insert acitation, the only option I am given is to
> 'Search Libraries.'  At school and work I theCitationbutton works all

> documents including blank documents.  I'm thinking something was missed
> during install like thebibliographyXLS sheets.  I'm going to look at the

> directories on my work PC and see if the structure is different.
>

> "grammatim" wrote:
> > I think you need to have added at least one Source to your document in
> > order for all the other stuff to become available? So Insert a
> >Citationand see if that doesn't fix it.

> > On Aug 30, 1:46 pm, Griff67 <Grif...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Sorry, happy fingers on the Post button...
>
> > > Was a solution ever found for this?  I have the same problem and go figure I
> > > left my Office DVD at home when I came to school so I can't even reinstall
> > > quickly.

This is caused by an installation error. Try uninstalling and
reinstalling Office 2007.

Yves

Pegues@discussions.microsoft.com Daniel Pegues

Oct 24, 2008, 4:18:00 PM10/24/08
The reason the options are grayed out is because you are trying to use an
Office Word 2007 feature on a .doc file. .doc is an old Office Word format,
specifically 2003 and later. First save your document to the new Office Word
2007 format, .docx , then close Office Word 2007, reopen your document, and
then you will see the options are available.

This is the same case for most if not all new features in all parts of
Office 2007, not just Word 2007.

Hope this helps.

Ben

Feb 11, 2009, 8:04:01 PM2/11/09
Unfortunately your explanationis false. This is a problem being reported all
over the internet for what might be limited to Vista x64. I hope someone
posts a solution eventually.
Thanks,

Ben

Tracy

Feb 17, 2009, 12:31:01 PM2/17/09
I used this option not 2 months ago...why is it now it is not working???
I hope someone gets an answer to this...could it have been an update that
made something go wrong???
Tracy

Yves Dhondt

Apr 16, 2009, 11:46:34 AM4/16/09
Word 2007. (I know not really a helpfull answer)

As far as I can tell (I never had the problem myself so I only have
second-hand info), the problem is caused by an installation error. Hence, it
probably has nothing to do with what features you select or not select for
your custom install. If you can find an install log
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc511506.aspx), you might want
to check it out for any silent errors you got.

Whatever the issue exactly is, copying the files from the installation disc
to the correct directory will most likely not solve it.

Yves
--
http://bibliography.codeplex.com

"ktegels_devevlopmentor" <ktegels_dev...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:0B1F7668-E3C7-47E1...@microsoft.com...

>> This is caused by an installation error. Try uninstalling and
>> reinstalling Office 2007.
>

> I hate to be so blunt about it, but that's a horrible answer. Yes, I know
> it
> works. However, I just did a fresh custom install and I don't have a bib
> directory.
>
> What I really need to know is what *precisely* must be installed to get
> this
> feature working.
>
> Does anybody know? Or this one of the "oh, we just baked it into the
> installer and you can't really do anything else" things?
>
> Grrr.
> Kent

Benjamin Kirchner

Jun 14, 2009, 10:39:00 PM6/14/09

I just had this same problem. Greyed out, style: missing, exactly the
same. I uninstalled then installed again. When I reinstalled, I
changed the directory back to the default - the first time I had it in
just c:\office. When I installed again, i changed it to c:\program
files(x86)\microsoft office\

Now, the insert citation works fine, all the styles are there and all
options are open.

I hope this helps! That was frustrating. Of course, now I'll just have
to discover what features I disabled when reinstalling... !

Good luck

saram...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2018, 8:05:47 PM11/6/18
This worked for me! Thanks for the help!!!
Message has been deleted

Cetungrty Ketungetu

Oct 13, 2023, 4:10:34 PM10/13/23
Buy a Verified Cash App Account
If you have more activities in online business and need multiple cash app accounts to send and receive more payments. And if you haven’t multiple Cash App, you can buy verified Cash App account as your backup.we provied 100% safe verified Cash App Accounts at a cheap price with https://usbusinesshop.com/

Our Cash App Account Features-
Cash App account associated Gmail and password.
Email access associated with Cash App account.
Number verified.
ID verified.
Bank verified.
Photo and ID provided.
Date of birth provided.
Bank statement.
07 Days replacement guaranty.
If you have more question about our service, please contact with us
https://usbusinesshop.com/product/buy-verified-cash-app-accounts/

➤Email:- usbusin...@gmail.com
➤ Skype:- usbusinesshop
➤Telegram:- @usbusinesshop