change text direction from vertical to horizontal

NKM

Jun 10, 2008, 1:30:00 AM6/10/08
Can anyone tell me how to change the text direction from horizontal to
vertical in Word 2007?

Sameer

Jun 10, 2008, 1:54:01 AM6/10/08
hi ,
according to my knowlege if You can change the text orientation in drawing
objects, such as text boxes (text box: A movable, resizable container for
text or graphics. Use text boxes to position several blocks of text on a page
or to give text a different orientation from other text in the document.),
shapes, and callouts, or in table (table: One or more rows of cells commonly
used to display numbers and other items for quick reference and analysis.
Items in a table are organized into rows and columns.) cells so that the text
is displayed vertically or horizontally

for changing this vertical to horizental or viseversa

click the drawing object then goto format option
click text direction
select oriantation you want

Sameer

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Jun 10, 2008, 8:56:50 AM6/10/08
If you want to change the direction of a small portion of text, you can do
so in text boxes, frames, and table cells. If you want to rotate the entire
page, change the page orientation to Landscape.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"NKM" <N...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message