Can't remove highlight

suroora

Jul 3, 2007, 7:56:01 AM7/3/07
I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Lene Fredborg

Jul 3, 2007, 8:06:02 AM7/3/07
Maybe the color has been applied as shading and not as highlight. Try whether
you can remove the color via Format > Borders and Shading > Shading tab.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

suroora

Jul 3, 2007, 9:20:01 AM7/3/07
Thanks, Lene. That worked!

Inquiring Mind

Jun 13, 2008, 12:23:01 PM6/13/08
I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know

Cubbie_Gal

Feb 4, 2009, 1:36:40 PM2/4/09
I have same problem. Tried clearning the shading and the highlighting and
neither works. My text still stays highlighted. When I "reveal formatting"
under the font section is stays "Shading: Clear (Yellow)". So I'm selecting
clear for shading but it's leaving it yellow anyway? I don't understand.
Does it have to do with the fact that it's a bulleted list? I'm just baffled.

CyberTaz

Feb 4, 2009, 2:52:56 PM2/4/09
Is it possible that the document has been Protected & that the Shading is an
attribute of a Style you don't have permission to modify?

Go to the Review Tab, click the Protect Document button & see what the Task
Pane has to say. You may be able to remove the Shading by applying a
different Style.

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

"Cubbie_Gal" <Cubb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Feb 4, 2009, 3:34:32 PM2/4/09
Clear just means that there's no pattern. It also means that what you're
seeing is not highlighting (which you would remove by selecting None for
highlighting) but shading. Go to Format | Borders and Shading and choose No
Fill on the Shading tab.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

Brandy

Sep 25, 2009, 1:21:03 PM9/25/09
I'm seeing the same problem... It's in a table, and any text that is entered
appears highlighted with yellow.

I've set "No Fill";
I've set "Shading" to "Clear";
Reveal Codes shows: Pattern: Clear (Yellow) -> Clear
There doesn't appear to be any document Protection in effect.

The entire table (3col x 17rows) has the same attributes.

I also tried: "Table Properties" | "Borders & Shading" |

It's also set to:

Fill: No Fill
Pattern: Clear
Apply to: Table

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Sep 25, 2009, 3:09:16 PM9/25/09

When you are on the Shading tab, make sure that you check the "Apply to"
settings. The shading may be applied to Text rather than Cell.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Brandy" <Bra...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Brandy

Sep 25, 2009, 4:06:01 PM9/25/09
I never was able to get rid of it manually. I tried "Apply to:
Table|Cell|etc." with no change.

I did, however, copy the text of the macro that someone created to get rid
of the problem and that worked. Now, if the logic of that macro could just
be available as a manual process.....

Thanks!

Karen

Oct 15, 2009, 6:46:01 PM10/15/09

Hello,

Are these suggestions you are providing for 97-2003? I'm using 2007 and
trying to highlight only the text in a numbered list and it highlights the
number also. Can you provide a solution for this?
Thanks

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Oct 15, 2009, 7:42:31 PM10/15/09

If the paragraph mark is selected (which it will be, no matter how carefully
you try to avoid it), the number will be formatted. The only solution is to
select *just* the paragraph mark and remove the shading.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Karen" <Ka...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Josh Johnson

Oct 16, 2009, 2:13:43 PM10/16/09
If you get really frustrated (as I did) you can select all, open a new
document, paste special, and remove formating. Voila!

lisat

Jan 12, 2010, 5:57:01 AM1/12/10
Brilliant. It was the Shading tab. Thanks

rola...@yahoo.com

Apr 1, 2015, 10:25:33 PM4/1/15
I had a similar problem.
What I did was I copied a text from another cell that was not highlighted and pasted it on the highlighted cell. The new text pasted did not have any highlight so I can just modify the contents to match the previously highlighted text.

Lisa Wilke-Thissen

Apr 3, 2015, 2:52:25 AM4/3/15

>> I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word
>> document -

> I had a similar problem.
> What I did was I copied a text from another cell that was not highlighted
> and pasted it on the highlighted cell.
> The new text pasted did not have any highlight so I can just modify the
> contents to match the previously highlighted text.

may be, the text is not "highlighted". Instead, a shadow has been applied
(Borders and Shading).

--
Cheers,
Lisa

an1...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2016, 1:06:56 PM2/19/16
old post, i know, but maybe it has to do with the text being highlighted due to having a comment? Look on the right to see if a comment has been linked to the highlighted text. If so, then the only way to remove the highlight is to "resolve" or delete the comment.

This was the case of my frustration until I relized it.

an1...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2016, 1:08:09 PM2/19/16
> This was the cause of my frustration until I relized it.

use

jac...@parakore.maori.nz

Apr 24, 2016, 9:24:04 PM4/24/16
what a crack up i just realised that there was a comment - it was a comment highlight combined with a colour too ... der

jthar...@gmail.com

May 10, 2016, 1:12:07 PM5/10/16

Stefan Blom

May 11, 2016, 3:41:13 AM5/11/16
Highlighting applied via the Highlighting tool on the Home tab can be
removed as follows: Select the whole document by pressing Ctrl+A and
then click the arrow on the Text Highlight Color button and choose the
"No Color."

To remove font and paragraph shading you can run the following macro:

Sub ClearAllShadingFromDoc()
'Macro created by Stefan Blom, MVP, January 2015

With ActiveDocument.Content.ParagraphFormat.Shading
.Texture = wdTextureNone
.ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
End With

With ActiveDocument.Content.Font.Shading
.Texture = wdTextureNone
.ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
End With
End Sub

For assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

melinam...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2016, 12:22:54 PM7/26/16
I had the same problem. I deleted the conditional formatting and it fixed the problem.

rjwes...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2017, 3:58:59 PM1/7/17
On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 2:41:13 AM UTC-5, Stefan Blom wrote:
> Highlighting applied via the Highlighting tool on the Home tab can be
> removed as follows: Select the whole document by pressing Ctrl+A and
> then click the arrow on the Text Highlight Color button and choose the
> "No Color."
>
> To remove font and paragraph shading you can run the following macro:
>
> Sub ClearAllShadingFromDoc()
> 'Macro created by Stefan Blom, MVP, January 2015
>
> With ActiveDocument.Content.ParagraphFormat.Shading
> .Texture = wdTextureNone
> .ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
> .BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
> End With
>
> With ActiveDocument.Content.Font.Shading
> .Texture = wdTextureNone
> .ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
> .BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
> End With
> End Sub
>

> For assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

Finally, an easy solution!

I didn't even realize I had a light shading on until I got counted off on one of my papers. I realized it was a shading issue, but you cannot un-shade the entire document at one. Word forces you to highlight each shaded portion at a time. Any non-shaded characters or spaces that you highlight will prevent Word from removing the shading from the entire document if there are any breaks in it. This macro gets around that easily!

mabr...@torontoprepschool.com

Feb 21, 2017, 12:41:38 PM2/21/17
reload the page

abeerfr...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2017, 9:38:25 AM2/25/17
you must have solved your problem by now, but for future troubled folks like i was, when you go to borders and shading, select clear fill, apply to text not to paragraph. it worked for me!

natig...@gmail.com

May 30, 2017, 8:49:06 PM5/30/17
El viernes, 16 de octubre de 2009, 13:13:43 (UTC-5), Josh Johnson escribió:
> If you get really frustrated (as I did) you can select all, open a new
> document, paste special, and remove formating. Voila!

Finally an answer that worked!!

gustav...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2017, 9:04:02 AM8/26/17
On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 1:56:01 PM UTC+2, suroora wrote:
> I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
> I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
> highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

1) Select text
2) Click “Borders and Shading” menu and pick “Borders and Shading”
3) In “Borders and Shading”-window, pick “Shading”-tab
4) Pick Patterns: Style “Solid 100%”
5) Pick Patterns: Style “Clear”
6) In “Apply to”-menu – pick “text”
7) Click “OK”

poconob...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2017, 12:16:25 PM8/28/17
On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 8:06:02 AM UTC-4, Lene Fredborg wrote:
> Maybe the color has been applied as shading and not as highlight. Try whether
> you can remove the color via Format > Borders and Shading > Shading tab.
>
> --
> Regards
> Lene Fredborg
> DocTools - Denmark
> www.thedoctools.com
> Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft Word
>

> "suroora" wrote:
>
> > I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
> > I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
> > highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

fixed it, thank you.

tc1...@students.hcde.org

Sep 21, 2017, 7:21:41 PM9/21/17
same for me

--
This message was sent from an Hamilton County Department of Education email
address.

perobi...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2017, 10:14:23 AM9/29/17
On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 7:56:01 AM UTC-4, suroora wrote:
> I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
> I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
> highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

I was having the same problem, here's what you do! Highlight the problem column go under edit and find & replace. Then delete any number/text that may be in the Find section.

Hope this helps!

aman...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2017, 11:00:50 PM10/17/17
As I was typing on google keep (a google app that you can utilize for notes and things to do that you need to remember) I accidentally hit some buttons and it highlighted every letter or space I clicked on. If you have this problem, simply click caps lock and then click it again to turn caps lock off and then type again. This will disable the highlight mode. Hopefully this works for you and if not I hope you find another way that will help you solve this problem. - AW

divanshi...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2017, 1:55:30 PM10/18/17
On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 5:26:01 PM UTC+5:30, suroora wrote:
> I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
> I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
> highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Sometimes it also happens cause of the comments made, just resolve all the comments and the highlight will go away.

ma.hin...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2017, 8:28:01 AM11/1/17
On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 5:56:01 AM UTC-6, suroora wrote:
> I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
> I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
> highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

I had this issue and i couldn't even change the color from yellow to anything else. there were no comments, track changes was off.

in the end I selected a section that was not highlighted then hit ctrl+shift+C
then select the section that is highlighted and hit ctrl+shift+V

highlight was all gone

hope this helps someone

Matt

sydney...@yahoo.com

Nov 23, 2017, 12:34:23 PM11/23/17
When I highlight the text, the highlight goes higher than normal and looks weird. Any suggestions?

dba...@maldenps.org

Jan 25, 2018, 2:38:17 PM1/25/18

dba...@maldenps.org

Jan 25, 2018, 2:38:49 PM1/25/18
me too i triejfdbut nrnthhefuckinwrejfhcbhw yellloe2w shijgfrgtolitrhytgbntng reownm4t rogk iqofdfdurjkckerng

bearg...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2018, 3:10:27 AM1/26/18
On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 5:06:02 AM UTC-7, Lene Fredborg wrote:
> Maybe the color has been applied as shading and not as highlight. Try whether
> you can remove the color via Format > Borders and Shading > Shading tab.
>
> --
> Regards
> Lene Fredborg
> DocTools - Denmark
> www.thedoctools.com
> Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft Word
>

> "suroora" wrote:
>
> > I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
> > I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
> > highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

thank you!!!!!!!! So helpful!!!!!!

carli...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2018, 11:28:28 AM3/13/18
On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 7:56:01 AM UTC-4, suroora wrote:
> I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
> I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
> highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Do not copy and paste using the keyboard commands. Copy using the keyboard command CTRL X or CTRL C and then right click and paste choosing the "Keep Text Only format. That should solve the problem. Hope this helps

chever...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2018, 7:53:32 PM3/21/18
On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 6:56:01 AM UTC-5, suroora wrote:
> I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
> I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
> highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

"When you are on the Shading tab, make sure that you check the "Apply to"
settings. The shading may be applied to Text rather than Cell." <----- THIS EXCEPT APPLY TO TEXT, NOT PARAGRAPH! WORKS!!!!!!!!!!

krysta...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2018, 5:07:02 AM6/20/18
Thanks a lot Lene Fredborg!

Kat's Meow

Jul 13, 2018, 12:14:24 PM7/13/18
worked for me too...thanks so much!!!

mica...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2018, 12:02:47 AM7/30/18
I cannot delete a sheet that I didn't even want added. I opened a document and it went right into sheets. It is not giving me any option to delete at all.

sou...@rtms.ca

Jan 7, 2019, 3:27:26 PM1/7/19
Resolve comments.

hud18...@student.warwickshire.ac.uk

Jan 28, 2019, 10:03:12 AM1/28/19
Thanks i could kiss u

pappas...@nhsdlions.org

Dec 5, 2019, 11:55:52 AM12/5/19
On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 8:06:02 AM UTC-4, Lene Fredborg wrote:
> Maybe the color has been applied as shading and not as highlight. Try whether
> you can remove the color via Format > Borders and Shading > Shading tab.
>
> --
> Regards
> Lene Fredborg
> DocTools - Denmark
> www.thedoctools.com
> Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft Word
>

> "suroora" wrote:
>
> > I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
> > I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
> > highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

I love you

niel...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2020, 10:42:27 PM2/10/20

zainsh...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2020, 2:45:53 PM3/12/20
On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 7:06:02 AM UTC-5, Lene Fredborg wrote:
> Maybe the color has been applied as shading and not as highlight. Try whether
> you can remove the color via Format > Borders and Shading > Shading tab.
>
> --
> Regards
> Lene Fredborg
> DocTools - Denmark
> www.thedoctools.com
> Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft Word
>

> "suroora" wrote:
>
> > I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
> > I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
> > highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

thank you, this worked

chaitansh...@gmail.com

May 26, 2020, 6:56:26 AM5/26/20
On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 5:36:02 PM UTC+5:30, Lene Fredborg wrote:
> Maybe the color has been applied as shading and not as highlight. Try whether
> you can remove the color via Format > Borders and Shading > Shading tab.
>
> --
> Regards
> Lene Fredborg
> DocTools - Denmark
> www.thedoctools.com
> Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft Word
>

> "suroora" wrote:
>
> > I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
> > I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
> > highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Thanks @Mr.Lene it worked.

laurel kaufer

Sep 1, 2022, 7:57:51 PM9/1/22
On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 12:41:13 AM UTC-7, Stefan Blom wrote:
> Highlighting applied via the Highlighting tool on the Home tab can be
> removed as follows: Select the whole document by pressing Ctrl+A and
> then click the arrow on the Text Highlight Color button and choose the
> "No Color."
>
> To remove font and paragraph shading you can run the following macro:
>
> Sub ClearAllShadingFromDoc()
> 'Macro created by Stefan Blom, MVP, January 2015
>
> With ActiveDocument.Content.ParagraphFormat.Shading
> .Texture = wdTextureNone
> .ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
> .BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
> End With
>
> With ActiveDocument.Content.Font.Shading
> .Texture = wdTextureNone
> .ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
> .BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
> End With
> End Sub
>

> For assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.
>
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
> Den 2016-05-10 kl. 19:12, skrev jthar...@gmail.com:
> > On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 6:56:01 AM UTC-5, suroora wrote:
> >> I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word document -
> >> I've tried selecting and highlighting all the text and then removing the
> >> highlighting, but these sections stay yellow. Any suggestions?

Thank you. I now refer to this as my magic macro!!!

GPS Pilot

Dec 24, 2022, 2:21:44 PM12/24/22
"Any non-shaded characters or spaces that you highlight will prevent Word from removing the shading"

This is what I just experienced with Word 16 for Mac.

Some people are saying the paragraph mark must be included in the selection, but that was exactly the wrong advice in my case.

With paragraph mark included, I went to Borders and Shading and it said "No Color" for the Fill.

But with paragraph mark excluded (only the shaded text was selected), Borders and Shading showed me the Fill color that I was trying to get rid of. Success!

김카사

Jan 12, 2023, 6:37:51 AM1/12/23
2022년 12월 25일 일요일 오전 4시 21분 44초 UTC+9에 GPS Pilot님이 작성한 내용:
Your message is very interesting and good information. Check my website for more complete information. https://www.notojoa.com/

Diane Cullinane

Mar 31, 2023, 4:12:45 PM3/31/23
Thanks- that worked for me!

Cetungrty Ketungetu

Oct 13, 2023, 4:08:43 PM10/13/23
Buy a Verified Cash App Account
If you have more activities in online business and need multiple cash app accounts to send and receive more payments. And if you haven’t multiple Cash App, you can buy verified Cash App account as your backup.we provied 100% safe verified Cash App Accounts at a cheap price with https://usbusinesshop.com/

Our Cash App Account Features-
Cash App account associated Gmail and password.
Email access associated with Cash App account.
Number verified.
ID verified.
Bank verified.
Photo and ID provided.
Date of birth provided.
Bank statement.
07 Days replacement guaranty.
If you have more question about our service, please contact with us
https://usbusinesshop.com/product/buy-verified-cash-app-accounts/

➤Email:- usbusin...@gmail.com
➤ Skype:- usbusinesshop
➤Telegram:- @usbusinesshop