Re: How do you put cubed or squared after a number

jamie....@bps101.net

Oct 22, 2014, 11:31:48 AM10/22/14
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 1:55:01 PM UTC-6, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

false, it doesn't work.

in google docs, click format, superscript, and then type the number where you want.

Caroline

Nov 3, 2009, 2:55:01 PM11/3/09

Stefan Blom

Nov 3, 2009, 3:06:38 PM11/3/09

Type 3 and then apply superscript formatting to it, for example by pressing
Ctrl+Shift+Plus sign.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Caroline" <Caro...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Peter T. Daniels

Nov 3, 2009, 3:49:17 PM11/3/09
If you only need superscript 1, 2, or 3, you can find these numbers in
Insert Symbol, go to Latin-1 Supplement range (dropdown at the upper
right), and there they are. They should appear in almost any font
you're using. (A few fonts have a whole separate range called
"Superscripts and Subscripts" with the rest of the digits.)

The advantage over using the "Superscript" format is that they aren't
miniaturized versions of the numbers, which look gray because the
lines get so thin, but they're drawn to look right with the letters
and numbers next to them. If you use them a lot, you can assign
keyboard shortcuts via the button at the bottom of Insert Symbol.

On Nov 3, 2:55 pm, Caroline <Carol...@discussions.microsoft.com>

Idaho Word Man

Nov 3, 2009, 5:51:01 PM11/3/09
You type a regular 3, and then select the 3 and format the font as
"superscript."

Peter T. Daniels

Oct 22, 2014, 12:18:59 PM10/22/14
But this newsgroup isn't about "google docs," whatever that is, but
about MSWord.

hannah...@rvschools.ab.ca

Oct 15, 2015, 10:03:51 PM10/15/15
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 12:55:01 PM UTC-7, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

Actually, none of these worked for me. I looked through lots of these suggestions, but couldn't find one that really worked. The shortcut to get the "cubed" or "squared" symbol, press command and the period button at the same time and then type your desired number. You can also go into format and press superscript. If you want the number on the bottom of the main number instead of the top, press command comma or subscript (under format)

mblevi...@bvsd.org

Apr 27, 2016, 6:44:51 PM4/27/16
> it worked for me!

null...@lapietra.edu

Aug 14, 2016, 10:25:04 PM8/14/16
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 9:55:01 AM UTC-10, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

Just do Control, Period

011...@students.eischools.ae

Oct 2, 2016, 4:09:17 AM10/2/16
On Tuesday, 3 November 2009 23:55:01 UTC+4, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

Just go onto Format, and either highlight, (or write it in) and click superscript (or subscript if you want it under)

good...@googleapps.wrdsb.ca

Dec 8, 2016, 1:13:14 PM12/8/16
When I attempt ctrl+shift+plus it only changes my screen resolution. has this been changed or am I somehow using a different keyset?

Peter T. Daniels

Dec 8, 2016, 6:40:05 PM12/8/16
On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 1:13:14 PM UTC-5, good...@googleapps.wrdsb.ca wrote:

> When I attempt ctrl+shift+plus it only changes my screen resolution. has this been changed or am I somehow using a different keyset?

Use the "Superscript" icon in the Ribbon (Home tab) and see if it shows
you a different Keyboard Shortcut when you hover over the icon.
Message has been deleted

chan...@gmail.com

May 7, 2017, 11:42:56 PM5/7/17
Caroline於 2009年11月4日星期三 UTC+8上午3時55分01秒寫道:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/1696717?hl=en

Subscript Ctrl + ,
Superscript Ctrl + .

2005ang...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2017, 1:03:54 PM10/2/17
how do i put the dot at the beginning of a sentence like this by it is a little bit up more

Peter T. Daniels

Oct 2, 2017, 1:21:28 PM10/2/17
On Monday, October 2, 2017 at 1:03:54 PM UTC-4, 2005ang...@gmail.com wrote:

> how do i put the dot at the beginning of a sentence like this by it is a little bit up more

I think maybe you mean a "middle dot" or "medial dot" -- like a multiplication
sign -- you will find it in the "Insert Symbol" panel at position 00B7 (hex).

21w...@gnsmail.ca

Oct 11, 2017, 10:42:27 PM10/11/17
command + period + 3 or 2 or whatever number/letter you need works on my google docs

José Martínez Martínez

Oct 13, 2017, 12:39:41 PM10/13/17
El jueves, 12 de octubre de 2017, 4:42:27 (UTC+2), 21w...@gnsmail.ca escribió:
> command + period + 3 or 2 or whatever number/letter you need works on my google docs

Hello everyone:
My proposal is to create a formatted autocorrect entry:
https://wordexperto.com/2016/05/31/autocorreccion-texto-con-formato/

José Martínez Martínez

Oct 13, 2017, 12:41:38 PM10/13/17
El martes, 3 de noviembre de 2009, 20:55:01 (UTC+1), Caroline escribió:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

klbe...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2017, 9:12:23 PM11/5/17
Thanks! Late night and this was a great help!

muell...@fondystudents.org

Nov 8, 2017, 11:21:04 AM11/8/17
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 1:55:01 PM UTC-6, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

shut up

2020berk...@perry-stu.com

Nov 14, 2017, 12:49:34 PM11/14/17
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 2:55:01 PM UTC-5, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

For google docs, ctrl period makes the courser bigger and smaller.

bitch

Nov 15, 2017, 9:21:07 AM11/15/17
deez nuts ha got'em

cr24.k...@crlions.org

Nov 17, 2017, 8:40:12 AM11/17/17

--

This electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary or

ldio...@fessenden.org

Nov 28, 2017, 6:09:01 PM11/28/17
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 2:55:01 PM UTC-5, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

It is little 2, or squared symbol.

ldio...@fessenden.org

Nov 28, 2017, 6:10:31 PM11/28/17
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 2:55:01 PM UTC-5, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

It is little 2, or the squared symbol.

kazi...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2017, 1:14:12 PM12/11/17
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 2:55:01 PM UTC-5, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

Hey guys. You should just go to insert-sympols-numbers-then LITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTY
hAVE A NIce DaY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asmi...@harding.edu

Jan 21, 2018, 7:47:32 PM1/21/18
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 1:55:01 PM UTC-6, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

klef b

emmzu...@wall.k12.nj.us

Feb 2, 2018, 6:49:23 PM2/2/18

José Martínez Martínez

Feb 3, 2018, 11:50:22 AM2/3/18
Hello everyone:
Use the AutoCorrect options with format: https://wordexperto.com/2016/05/31/autocorreccion-texto-con-formato/

José Martínez Martínez

Feb 3, 2018, 11:52:11 AM2/3/18

onyoo...@ajhs.school.nz

Nov 12, 2018, 3:41:49 AM11/12/18
On Wednesday, 4 November 2009 08:55:01 UTC+13, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

Guys none of these solutions work for me! how does it work?

--
Truth, integrity, achievement with endeavourWebsite:
http://www.ajhs.school.nz <http://www.ajhs.school.nz/>

Important links: http://www.ajhs.school.nz/links
<http://www.ajhs.school.nz/links>
AJHS Google Sites:
http://www.ajhs.school.nz/websites <http://www.ajhs.school.nz/websites>
<http://www.facebook.com/ajhsnz> <https://twitter.com/ajhsnz>
<http://www.youtube.com/ajhsvideo>DISCLAIMER:

This is privileged and
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please delete the
message and notify the sender.
Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author.

Albany Junior High School
Tel: +64 9 4155 473
Fax:
+64 9 415 8614
Email: off...@ajhs.school.nz <mailto:off...@ajhs.school.nz>

Peter T. Daniels

Nov 12, 2018, 9:00:50 AM11/12/18
On Monday, November 12, 2018 at 3:41:49 AM UTC-5, onyoo...@ajhs.school.nz wrote:
> On Wednesday, 4 November 2009 08:55:01 UTC+13, Caroline wrote:

> > Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> > get the litte 3?
>
> Guys none of these solutions work for me! how does it work?

? You selected the number and pressed Ctrl-Shift-+ and it didn't become
superscript? Then your MSWord is broken.

lisa.cam...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2018, 7:35:58 PM11/16/18
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 2:55:01 PM UTC-5, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

I don't know u tell me

Paidion

Dec 2, 2018, 1:32:16 PM12/2/18
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 1:55:01 PM UTC-6, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

To type "squared" (the little 2), hold down the Alt key and type 253 on the NUMERIC keyboard.

To type "cubed" (the little 3), hold down the Alt key and type 0179 on the NUMERIC keyboard.

Peter T. Daniels

Dec 2, 2018, 10:34:10 PM12/2/18
You have to have "NUM LOCK" turned on to do it that way.

s88...@sjusd.org

Jun 5, 2019, 12:07:34 AM6/5/19

Ammammata

Jun 5, 2019, 10:16:43 AM6/5/19
Il giorno Wed 05 Jun 2019 06:07:31a, ** ha inviato su
microsoft.public.word.docmanagement il messaggio
news:3bff14bc-dcb3-46fd...@googlegroups.com. Vediamo cosa
ha scritto:

> On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 11:55:01 AM UTC-8, Caroline wrote:
>> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how
>> do you get the litte 3?

10 years later...

charmap

or Alt+0179 (on the numpad)

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-
........... [ al lavoro ] ...........

og.08t...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2019, 6:13:30 PM12/16/19

Ammammata

Dec 17, 2019, 5:06:10 AM12/17/19
Il giorno Tue 17 Dec 2019 12:13:28a, ** ha inviato su
microsoft.public.word.docmanagement il messaggio
news:6edef862-a658-447c...@googlegroups.com. Vediamo cosa
ha scritto:

> On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 2:55:01 PM UTC-5, Caroline wrote:
>> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how
>> do you get the litte 3?

I hope you found the way in these TEN years...

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-

navia...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2020, 5:44:10 PM2/23/20
i don't know

davidw...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2020, 12:58:46 PM2/27/20
On Thursday, 8 December 2016 18:13:14 UTC, good...@googleapps.wrdsb.ca wrote:
> When I attempt ctrl+shift+plus it only changes my screen resolution. has this been changed or am I somehow using a different keyset?

same

Peter T. Daniels

Feb 27, 2020, 1:24:25 PM2/27/20
See the answer I gave to that message when it was posted more than three years ago. It appears immediately after.

maya.r...@student.tdsb.on.ca

Apr 14, 2020, 1:44:03 PM4/14/20
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 2:55:01 PM UTC-5, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

On Google Docs, press Command+.

ejoes...@gmail.com

May 10, 2020, 10:44:17 PM5/10/20
On Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 3:55:01 AM UTC+8, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

just click the ^ symbol and the power number you want,like this ^2 if you want a square,well it's more easier like this,right? :)

leilan...@gmail.com

May 27, 2020, 1:24:32 PM5/27/20
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 11:55:01 AM UTC-8, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

press ctrl+period button then type in the number

sofi...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2020, 9:19:48 AM6/16/20

Just control period

COOKIES

Jul 15, 2020, 9:34:18 AM7/15/20
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 2:55:01 PM UTC-5, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the little 3?

You click insert and then click special characters and then search superscript

zoe....@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2020, 9:36:26 AM7/15/20
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 2:55:01 PM UTC-5, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the litte 3?

ctrl p also works

Peter T. Daniels

Jul 15, 2020, 10:04:22 AM7/15/20
"Ctrl-P" is the keyboard shortcut for "Print."

Georgina bounader

Sep 16, 2020, 4:53:38 PM9/16/20
On Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 7:49:17 AM UTC+11, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
> If you only need superscript 1, 2, or 3, you can find these numbers in
> Insert Symbol, go to Latin-1 Supplement range (dropdown at the upper
> right), and there they are. They should appear in almost any font
> you're using. (A few fonts have a whole separate range called
> "Superscripts and Subscripts" with the rest of the digits.)
> The advantage over using the "Superscript" format is that they aren't
> miniaturized versions of the numbers, which look gray because the
> lines get so thin, but they're drawn to look right with the letters
> and numbers next to them. If you use them a lot, you can assign
> keyboard shortcuts via the button at the bottom of Insert Symbol.
> On Nov 3, 2:55 pm, Caroline <Carol...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> > get the litte 3?
THANK YOU - you made my day as this is perfect answer!!!!!!

Gurnoor Deol

Mar 1, 2021, 9:26:55 AM3/1/21
On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 11:31:48 AM UTC-4, jamie....@bps101.net wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 1:55:01 PM UTC-6, Caroline wrote:
> > Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> > get the litte 3?
> false, it doesn't work.
>
> in google docs, click format, superscript, and then type the number where you want.
Thank you so much her method worked unlike others thx again :)

Nikola Tesla

Jan 3, 2023, 2:49:19 AM1/3/23
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 11:55:01 AM UTC-8, Caroline wrote:
> Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed number how do you
> get the little 3?

Notice all these tips and nobody actually shows it done.

Heather Taylor

Sep 19, 2023, 9:00:35 AM9/19/23
After 14 years I have finally done it.:
1. If you're specifically on google docs, go to "insert" on the top left area of your screen.
2. Click on where it says "symbol" underneath that with the horse shoe looking symbol to the left of it (same button, just a description to help it get noticed)
3. Click on that and it'll give you (in the center of your screen) a bunch of symbols on the lower left area, an area on the right where you can draw/type what you're looking for, and on the top left you will see "insert special characters" (title of section) . Directly underneath that you will see "categories," "symbols," and "arrows."
4. Click on the "symbols" option in the center and after a little scrolling you will see numbers.
-> Note that the "arrows" will change to "decimals," that's another way to tell that you're on the same thing. Click on that and the little 3, 2, and 1 will be available right underneath the actual normal font numbers. Hoping this helps!

Note: can't find a way to insert a recording of this, if I could I would. Also I'd like to add that this is the most up-to-date version I have on my computer, and that it was the same for the other people in this thread. It probably worked for them the way they did it but Google changes things on their devices and websites constantly, so they most likely changed the formatting after they did it. This may be the same thing after I post this, if it is I'll try to remember to update this.

Cetungrty Ketungetu

Oct 13, 2023, 4:07:47 PM10/13/23
Buy a Verified Cash App Account
If you have more activities in online business and need multiple cash app accounts to send and receive more payments. And if you haven’t multiple Cash App, you can buy verified Cash App account as your backup.we provied 100% safe verified Cash App Accounts at a cheap price with https://usbusinesshop.com/

Our Cash App Account Features-
Cash App account associated Gmail and password.
Email access associated with Cash App account.
Number verified.
ID verified.
Bank verified.
Photo and ID provided.
Date of birth provided.
Bank statement.
07 Days replacement guaranty.
If you have more question about our service, please contact with us
https://usbusinesshop.com/product/buy-verified-cash-app-accounts/

➤Email:- usbusin...@gmail.com
➤ Skype:- usbusinesshop
➤Telegram:- @usbusinesshop