"A file error has occurred. Check your network connections..."

Just Michael

Sep 17, 2009, 4:52:01 PM9/17/09

I'm using Word for Mac 2008. Suddenly, when I try to save a file (that I
have been editing for the past few weeks), I get this error message:

A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the
disk is properly inserted and not defective."

I am not using a network or any kind of external disk. I can save it as a
*.doc file, but not as a *.docx file.

Terry Farrell

Sep 17, 2009, 5:40:23 PM9/17/09
It suggests that the file may be partially corrupt. Try saving it as an XML
file, close it, open it and SaveAs a docx file again. If it fails again, try
running the Office Repair from Office Setup.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Just Michael" <JustM...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Just Michael

Sep 17, 2009, 5:59:03 PM9/17/09
Thank you, that seemed to work fine.

Terry Farrell

Sep 18, 2009, 5:19:42 AM9/18/09
Sometimes saving as xml or html removes minor corruptions to the file
structure that cannot be seen viewing the document.

Terry