Compile error in hidden document: ThisDocument

Alastair McDonald

May 28, 2012, 9:05:59 AM5/28/12
Recently I have recieved the mesage "Compile error in hidden document:
ThisDocument" whenever I first open, and finally close, Word 2007. This
happens on both my computers one running XP and the other running Vista. I
suspect it has been caused by an upgrade to Microsoft Office. Does anyone
have any information about this problem?

Cheers, Alastair.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

May 29, 2012, 8:09:20 AM5/29/12
Are you sure it isn't "Compile error in hidden module: ThisDocument"? If so,
you might have better luck searching with that error message.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Alastair McDonald" <a...@abmcdonald.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Michael Bednarek

May 30, 2012, 2:39:41 AM5/30/12
On Mon, 28 May 2012 14:05:59 +0100, "Alastair McDonald" wrote in
microsoft.public.word.application.errors:
It happened here after we upgraded Outlook to version 14 in an otherwise
Office 11 environment. This fixed it: regsvr32.exe comctl32.ocx

Good luck.

--
Michael Bednarek, Brisbane "ONWARD"

Alastair McDonald

May 31, 2012, 5:28:12 AM5/31/12

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbar...@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Are you sure it isn't "Compile error in hidden module: ThisDocument"? If
> so, you might have better luck searching with that error message.

I sent the following reply direct to Suzanne by mistake:

> From: "Alastair McDonald" <alas...@abmcdonald.freeserve.co.uk>
>
> Oops, yes the message is "Compile error in hidden module: ThisDocument".
>
> I had searched with the correct string, i.e "... hidden module: ... ",
> but the only relevant hit I got was from someone who had the same
> problem but no solution.
>
> How do you remove add-ons?
>
> Cheers, Alastair.

And recieved the following reply: