error 768 by setting up a VPN L2TP Connection

Robert da Costa

May 27, 2003, 2:37:40 PM5/27/03
I'm getting Error code 768 by setting up a VPN (L2TP)
connection to my office through a cable connection. The
problem is that code 768 pops up immediately. When I
search in the logfiles of the 2000 server, there is was
no activity between my machine and the server. So the
problem is on the local machine, but I don't know what it
is. The same connection between another machine which is
hooked on DSL works fine

Please help
thanx in advance

Jeffrey Randow (MVP)

May 27, 2003, 9:41:58 PM5/27/03
Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314831 and see if it
addresses your issues...

Also note that if you are behind a NAT/ICS environment (router), you
won't be able to use a L2TP VPN to a Win2K server...

Jeffrey Randow (Windows MVP - Networking & Smart Display)
wi...@longhornconsulting.com

Remote Networking Technology Wiki -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Smart Display Support - http://www.smartdisplays.us