Home XP setup cannot copy the file guest.bm_

sherry

Jul 6, 2003, 2:26:03 PM7/6/03
attempting to install xp home on pc that has already run
home xp for 1 year with no problem.
During new install getting error "setup cannot copy the
file guest.bm_"
The file is in the i386 folder, I clicked on it & it
still will not continue the install it just keeps coming
back copy error.

Why did it crash on a boot one morning I got a unable to
locate hal.dll & R/repair did not work of course.

So I have to reinstall.
Any help is GREATLY appreciated

Nicholas

Jul 6, 2003, 4:02:04 PM7/6/03