Importing IE 6.0 Favorites bookmarks from backup to new IE 6.0 ins

1on1

Oct 24, 2004, 8:15:02 PM10/24/04
After installing XP SP2, my operating system blew up. Had to reinstall and
lost all programs and data, but have a backup of my "Documents and Settings"
files from the night before the disaster. I now have reinstalled XP and SP2,
and am in the process of installing all new application software. I would
like to import my Favorite bookmarks from my previous IE 6.0 that I was using
on XP before it blew. How can I import?

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers

Oct 24, 2004, 9:06:15 PM10/24/04

You wouldn't import in this case, you would simply copy them back. Look in
the saved D & S folder under your old profile at the favorites folder.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"1on1" <1o...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

coliboy

Oct 24, 2004, 9:11:03 PM10/24/04
Hi.
From wherever you have the backup stored, right click on your Favourites
file and Copy.
Open Windows Explorer > My Computer > C: > Documents abd Settings > Your
Username and right click on the Favourites entry there, then Paste. Your
saved Favourites should now be back in IE.

HTH

Colin.

1on1

Oct 25, 2004, 10:39:05 AM10/25/04
Thanks - this is what I was looking for. -1on1

1on1

Oct 25, 2004, 10:39:06 AM10/25/04
Thanks. Just the help I needed!
-1on1