Please help! Logon.scr application error 0xc000142

Kevin

May 26, 2008, 9:28:00 AM5/26/08
I've tried researching this all over the web but found no solution.

My system: XP Professional with service pack 1

After it idle, the error would pop up.
"Logon.scr - Application Error. The Application failed to initialize
properly (0xc0000142). Click on Ok to terminate the application."

I've already tried disabling the screen saver, replacing the logon.scr from
another PC did not work.

Does anyone know how i can fix this?

Thanks,
Kevin

Ramesh, MS-MVP

May 27, 2008, 9:57:40 AM5/27/08
Hi Kevein,

See if this applies.

Logon.scr - Application Error. The Application failed to initialize properly

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10066089.htm

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
Windows® Troubleshooting: http://www.winhelponline.com

Kevin

May 27, 2008, 10:51:02 AM5/27/08
Remesh,

The "password required" is check already. It's still getting the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

Chris

Jun 10, 2008, 7:55:02 PM6/10/08
Hey Kevin,

Try doing this change the NTUser.dat to a different name. That file is in
the user profiles. This will work.

Chris

John John (MVP)

Jun 11, 2008, 8:12:57 AM6/11/08
Do you even know what the NTUser.dat file(s) is/are for?

John

franciscolopez

Jan 21, 2010, 7:34:27 PM1/21/10
ayuda cada vez que inicio mi computadora me dice que no se Pudo Abrir la aplicaccion correctamente error 0xc0000142

John John (MVP) wrote:

Re: Please help! Logon.scr application error 0xc000142
11-Jun-08

Do you even know what the NTUser.dat file(s) is/are for?

John

Chris wrote:

On Monday, May 26, 2008 9:28 AM
Kevi wrote:

Please help! Logon.scr application error 0xc000142

I've tried researching this all over the web but found no solution.

My system: XP Professional with service pack 1

After it idle, the error would pop up.
"Logon.scr - Application Error. The Application failed to initialize
properly (0xc0000142). Click on Ok to terminate the application."

I've already tried disabling the screen saver, replacing the logon.scr from
another PC did not work.

Does anyone know how i can fix this?

Thanks,
Kevin

On Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:57 AM
Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:

Hi Kevein,See if this applies.Logon.scr - Application Error.
Hi Kevein,

See if this applies.

Logon.scr - Application Error. The Application failed to initialize =
properly
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10066089.htm

--=20

Windows=C2=AE Troubleshooting: http://www.winhelponline.com

"Kevin" <Ke...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =

I've tried researching this all over the web but found no solution.

My system: XP Professional with service pack 1

After it idle, the error would pop up.

"Logon.scr - Application Error. The Application failed to initialize=20

properly (0xc0000142). Click on Ok to terminate the application."

I've already tried disabling the screen saver, replacing the logon.scr =
from=20

another PC did not work.

Does anyone know how i can fix this?

=20
Thanks,
Kevin

On Tuesday, May 27, 2008 10:51 AM
Kevi wrote:

Remesh,The "password required" is check already.
Remesh,

The "password required" is check already. it is still getting the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

On Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:55 PM
Chri wrote:

Hey Kevin,Try doing this change the NTUser.dat to a different name.
Hey Kevin,

Try doing this change the NTUser.dat to a different name. That file is in
the user profiles. This will work.

Chris

"Kevin" wrote:

On Wednesday, June 11, 2008 8:12 AM
John John (MVP) wrote:

Re: Please help! Logon.scr application error 0xc000142

Do you even know what the NTUser.dat file(s) is/are for?

John

Chris wrote:

WPF - XAML Change Binding Attributes At Runtime
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/fb496607-14b3-4f0a-af9c-71731557c486/wpf--xaml-change-binding.aspx