There are no active Mixer Devices Availalbe

edi25

Jan 19, 2005, 9:51:03 AM1/19/05
Hi i'm having this problem after a tv tuners drivers corrupted my sound
cards...

*//error msg: There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer
devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then
click Add Hardware.

This program will now close. //*

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the soundcard (intergrated SoundMAX) and
everything seems fine. It is also showing up in the Device Manager. What
would be easier is if i could get the name of the driver and istall it
straight off the Windows XP disc as it is a "Microsoft Driver" not a
"SoundMAX driver" Thanks

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Jan 19, 2005, 10:40:44 AM1/19/05
Is your onboard audio device enabled in the BIOS?
Did you download and install the latest Windows XP
audio drivers available from the support web site of
the manufacturer of your motherboard or computer?

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

edi25

Jan 19, 2005, 11:35:03 AM1/19/05
yes, drivers are up to date yes... problem is wif winxp pro and i've looked
at it more and the real problem is "Device Status" (after going into Device
manager -> Sound Video & Game Controllers -> soundMAX integrated digital
audio -> Properties:

Audio Devices (SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio) -> Status: Driver is
enabled but has not been started
MIDI Devices and Instruments (WDM-based Device) -> as above
Mixer Devices (SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio) -> as per audio devices

I hope this helps. Thanks

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Jan 19, 2005, 11:44:50 AM1/19/05
Go to Start > Run and type in: services.msc , and hit enter.
Scroll down to "Windows Audio", right-click on it and select
Properties, set the startup type to Automatic, click Apply and
then click the Start button.

edi25

Jan 19, 2005, 11:59:01 AM1/19/05
Thanks for your help so far but this still hasn't resolved my problem as I
have tried that and it was already started. I've also restarted to computer
(again) afterward and still no luck.

flyworker

Jan 19, 2005, 8:41:02 PM1/19/05
Hi:
you know what? I have the same thing happen to me, in addition, I add a new
pci sound card to replace the onboard one, drivers of new card are installed,
but it still can't work...

"no active mixer devices available"

Deuce

Mar 9, 2005, 1:35:02 AM3/9/05

optrex

Apr 1, 2005, 6:07:32 AM4/1/05

I've got the same problem, OK here is the deal - win xp with sp2 on a P4
(865GM2 MSI motherboard)

Device manager lists the audio device and drivers and says its working
properly. There are no conflicts. However, Volume control says there is
no audio device and settings are greyed out. Drivers in use c-media
5.12.1.44

Up until a recent windows update, sound was working. The update
installed the latest hardware driver for AC97 audio contoller (which it
identified as vynl AC97).

We have removed the files in system32/ and system32/drivers that relate
to the vynl update and those for c-media and replaced them with the
original working c-media drivers (as listed above).

we have checked the services are running for windows audio and
dependants.
AC97 is enabled in the bios, which has also been reset along with the
cmos.

to rule out hardware we have installed and subequently removed a SB
card - the exact same fault is present.

anyone know a fix?

--
optrex

optrex

Apr 1, 2005, 7:05:04 AM4/1/05

OK we got it fixed. The plug and play software emulator had was missing.
Fixed by searching for machine.inf then copy to temp directory. remove
at about line 20 " ExcludeFromSelect=* "

goto control panel, add new hardware, next (let it seach), yes hardware
is connected, next, scroll to bottom, add new hardware device, next,
install from list, next, select system devices, next, select have disk,
point to amended copy of machine.inf in temp directory, scroll to "plug
and play software device emulator" in right hand column, next and
complete install.

--
optrex

Bestbe...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2005, 6:07:50 AM4/2/05
Optrex you are a star - I've been searching all day for a solution to
the "No audio device" problem.

I was just about to rebuild my system when I saw your post.

Your timely post has helped me get my onboard AC97 audio device working
under XP - thanks.

There are literally hundreds of people out there with a similar problem
- some of them going as far as to buy new audio cards etc.

Julian B

peepssmile

May 14, 2005, 8:36:50 AM5/14/05

wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
doneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

this was very very usefull.......
I have installed 2 other sound cards + reinstalled the drivers more
time than i can count.

The bit that said blue all over the place was a bit confusing.... but
worked just as is written Thanks........

'www.peepssmile.com' (http://www.peepssmile.com)

--
peepssmile
peepssmile's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=6448

optrex

May 23, 2005, 6:28:03 AM5/23/05

Glad to see its working for others too. Thanks for the feedback

--
optrex

Mike

Jul 13, 2005, 9:20:01 PM7/13/05

Mike

Jul 13, 2005, 9:23:02 PM7/13/05
I understand how to get to everything up until the have disk part. I don't
understand what you mean after all that, I try to type in machine.inf and I
also dont know what you mean by TEMP directory?? please explain steps further
after you select have disk.. Thanks

optrex

Jul 15, 2005, 9:47:08 AM7/15/05

Mike,

Search for the machine.inf file on your PC. Create a directory and call
it anything you like. Copy the machine.inf file to the new directory.
Modify the .inf file as instructed.

When you get to select have disk, browse to the new directory you just
made and use your modified machine.inf file.

--
optrex

ls

Jul 27, 2005, 6:42:03 PM7/27/05
hi,
I have the same problem of "no active mixer devices installed". I have tried
out what "optrex" suggesetd. Inspite of this no effect on my PC. Can u help
as to how to rectify the problem?

ls

joe

Oct 1, 2005, 8:29:02 AM10/1/05
hi optrex,

i just want to know what you mean "search for the machine.inf on your
PC" is the program or r files thats every PC also have or need to find it out
from some where else. can pls me in more easy way , liked step by step.......

thanks hope thats you will reply ... thanks

joe

optrex

Oct 2, 2005, 9:30:24 AM10/2/05

machine.inf is in your windows directory. to find you must advance
search for hidden files

--
optrex

jdjsim

Dec 12, 2006, 4:51:01 AM12/12/06

I tried to do your fix but when I got to "Have Disk" and pointed to
the temporary folder where I put machine.inf it didn't populate with
anything "No option for Plug and Play*" I don't know what I did wrong,
am I at a point where it might be more effective to just reformat the
drive?

--
jdjsim

marcos77

May 17, 2007, 12:13:19 PM5/17/07

hello all,
i screwed up my windowsXP audio setup while trying to install a bad
PCMCIA audio card.
PC froze (not BSOD, just froze) a couple of time while hard disk was
writing/reading drivers in the system folder. i had to turn off the pc
each time and boot again.
The second time i reboot i discovered i had no audio.
Audio peripherals in Hardware were all yellow marked, even EIDE
DVDreader was yellow marked , and "plug n play software enumerator"
too.

you can easily imagine what happened... 3 or 4 fundamental drivers had

been damaged because hard disk was reading/writing in those sectors
when the PC froze.

so i gave a look to the system log , found which drivers couldn't be
loaded and manually overwrite them with backup files i had.
then i removed yellow marked peripherals and reinstalled them.
Now everything seemed right, but there was still no audio.
I forgot to reinstall "Pnp software enum". And I didn't know how to
reinstall it, since it didn't appear in "install new hardware" lists.
Until Optrex found the solution.
Great, man. I registered to this forum just to make you my compliments
;)
marco, italy

--
marcos77
marcos77's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25730

http://forums.techarena.in

joleo

Jun 3, 2007, 3:40:56 AM6/3/07

rite i did what optrex said but after that it said "device cannot start,
Code 10". it says that on my audio driver aswell. when i go onto run,
ect... it says that my device is already started. how should i mend
this?

--
joleo
joleo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26303

mkh278

Aug 20, 2007, 6:27:50 PM8/20/07

Ok, I am following your instructuion, when it comes to select
machine.inf file from temp created folder, after that there is nothing
on left and right panels and it does not let me to go further (the
'next' button is inactive).
Please i tried million things and it still not working, could you
assist.
thanks

--
mkh278
mkh278's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29685

http://forums.techarena.in

dinousb

Sep 8, 2007, 5:46:29 PM9/8/07

hi but i cant find eny machine.inf fil in my pc plzzzz tell me what to
du u r a good person plzzz i want to wach movies plzzzzzzz

--
dinousb
dinousb's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=30782

http://forums.techarena.in

dinousb

Sep 9, 2007, 12:01:51 PM9/9/07

hi guys i had the same prob but i have fix it yaa and i am happy.but i
an not remember much of that what i did but still i tell u some
thing.farts start,control panle,system,hardwaar,device mannager, if u
guys havin same prob then u shold c somthing yollow question mark that
named auido cantroler or some thing liker that im not sure. eny ways
duble clik it and one window will pop up now click on reinctall
drive,thean chose *install from a list or spacific location* thean
next,and chose *dont serch i will choose the driver to install*thean
next, thean scrol down to *sound video,and game cotroler* and thean
next now in manifacture chose lntel and in model chose
lntel(r)82801AAAC audio controler and thean click next and thean yes
and install it . plzzzz commant and sa that it did work and if u dont
like it theas say that i didnt right it. well i that works for u guys
well it did for me. commant me ok?

PaulSanders

Nov 7, 2007, 5:22:21 AM11/7/07

This advice is dangerous! I did this on my system and ended up with two
Plug and Play Enumerators in my list of devices. My system was largely
put out of action by this, and I had to run System Restore to recover.
So be careful!

In any case, a more likely explanation is that your 'Windows Audio'
service is not running. For more information, see:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1123466906

Paul Sanders
http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk

--
PaulSanders
PaulSanders's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=34502

Hank Freid

Apr 29, 2008, 2:02:34 AM4/29/08

First of all i would like to tell you Machine.inf

Machine.inf is the INF file used by the Windows operating system during
the Windows startup process to map core chipset hardware and
BIOS-enumerated or firmware-enumerated device identifiers (IDs).
Windows uses this information for tasks such as:

• Creating services and visual display strings.
• Copying drivers in conjunction with Layout.inf.
• Creating and deleting registry entries.
• Applying filter drivers.

As new chipsets evolve or when system manufacturers change device
description strings for their current chipsets, Machine.inf is the file
they must modify.

To study more visit 'Machine.inf'
(http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/sysinternals/machine_inf.mspx)

--
Hank Freid
Hank Freid's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=47618

carlcobb

Jun 10, 2008, 1:11:09 AM6/10/08

The fix from Optrex worked. Before the reinstall of the sound driver
did not.

Now I have a question: Do I move the modified <machine.inf> file from
the temporary location to the \windows\system32\ directory for future
updates? Or do I leave it alone in the \temp directory?

Thanks again for a solution to a difficult problem (for me at least).

-- cc

--
carlcobb
carlcobb's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=51312

Boo

Oct 17, 2008, 10:20:31 AM10/17/08
Hello, i need help, i have just read your message, followed all steps
through correctly (i hope) up untill "Have disk" where i Browse to my
temporary file "C:\Documents and Settings\Bec\My Documents\machine.inf"
click ok and then nothing occurs and i am left with the manufacturer and
model panes blank. Is it that i have set up a wrong temporary directory?
Or that i need to insert my manufacturer's installation disk?

I probably have done something obviously wrong, heck i didn't know what
a temporary directory was untill last week, i just want to be able to
listen to music, and i really appreciate that people are out there that
are willing to help someone who may not be all there with computers :)

Thankyou for taking your time.

--
Boo
Boo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/boo.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

sk8erboi8008

Oct 23, 2008, 2:26:44 AM10/23/08

work perfectlt thanks alot man thanks to dinousb

--
sk8erboi8008
sk8erboi8008's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/sk8erboi8008.htm

koebel99

Nov 8, 2008, 8:16:52 AM11/8/08

can't seem to find machine.inf
any suggestions?

--
koebel99
koebel99's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/koebel99.htm

Iceman

Nov 8, 2008, 12:37:04 PM11/8/08
On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 18:46:52 +0530, koebel99 wrote in message

> can't seem to find machine.inf
> any suggestions?

Are your search options set to include System and Hidden files?

zico_xavi

Nov 23, 2008, 11:11:55 AM11/23/08

hi kevin

i can slove this problem when allah willing

go to run

and type services.msc

then go to windown audio

double click on it

and under service status

there are start

click it and your problem will be solve

zico...@hotmail.com

--
zico_xavi
zico_xavi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/zico_xavi.htm

Energy jobs

Dec 17, 2008, 3:04:19 PM12/17/08

Although the sound card and its drivers are installed correctly. I
receive this error message about no active mixer devices when I try to
double-click on the Volume icon in the system tray of Windows XP.

Most people will assume the sound card itself is having difficulty or
the drivers have no been installed, or maybe the system has been muted.
However, when the computer starts or shuts down you hear the normal
Windows sounds. However other audio does not play normally and results
in error messages.
When I checked the Sound and Audio Devices section of the Control Panel
in Windows XP, it shows there are no audio devices and everything is
greyed out.

--
Energy jobs
Energy jobs's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/energy-jobs.htm

sanatamim

Dec 18, 2008, 11:45:42 PM12/18/08

I Have the same problem for over 4 months, I tried so many things to
solve it, but no luck.
I have a Lenovo 3000 N200 laptop , I tried reinstalling windows , but
still I have the problem.
I tried to run services.msc, but wndows Audio is started from services,
but audio setting is greyed out.My computer mother board ID is
SROSA001.86C.0034.D.0711141732
I do not see onboard audio when I go to bios .
I tried everything.
Is there anyone who knows the solution to this ?

--
sanatamim
sanatamim's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/sanatamim.htm

Elmo

Dec 19, 2008, 7:00:05 AM12/19/08
sanatamim wrote:
> I Have the same problem for over 4 months; I tried so many things to

> solve it, but no luck.
> I have a Lenovo 3000 N200 laptop, I tried reinstalling windows , but

> still I have the problem.
> I tried to run services.msc; Windows Audio is started from services,
> but audio setting is greyed out. My computer mother board ID is
> SROSA001.86C.0034.D.0711141732
> I do not see onboard audio when I go to bios.
> I tried everything.
> Is there anyone who knows the solution to this ?

Depending on whether you have type 0687 or 0769, one or more of these
drivers may be needed.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?doccategoryind=50370&doccategoryind.x=10&doccategoryind.y=15&template=%2Fproductpage%2Flandingpages%2FproductPageLandingPage.vm&brandind=10&familyind=370177&machineind=0&modelind=0&partnumberind=0&subcategoryind=0&operatingsystemind=49979&validate=true

--
Joe =o)

sanatamim

Dec 19, 2008, 2:01:19 PM12/19/08

Thanks for the prompt reply Joe, I downloaded both files from lenovo
site , the bios and also the audio drivers , but it still does not solve
the problem.
Is it possible that my soundcard is ****ed up?

Elmo

Dec 19, 2008, 4:04:37 PM12/19/08

sanatamim wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply Joe, I downloaded both files from Lenovo
> site, the bios and also the audio drivers, but it still does not solve

> the problem.
> Is it possible that my soundcard is ****ed up?

Did you locate the files after download, and run them? Anything's
possible; the sound card could be bad.. it's just difficult to get at
most components of a laptop, so that should be the last thing you try.
Still, if you been fooling with it for four months, it might be time to
visit a local computer shop.

Look here for more ideas:

Volume Icon Is Not Displayed in the Notification Area, and You Receive
an Error Message When You Try to Add It:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319095

--
Joe =o)

sanatamim

Dec 19, 2008, 3:47:39 PM12/19/08

Is there any other way to reset the BIOS to Factory Default without
taking the battery out?
The battery for Lenovo laptop that I have is located under the keyboard
and I can not see the battery.
Is resetting the bios going to fix the sound?

Ken Blake, MVP

Dec 19, 2008, 4:47:29 PM12/19/08
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 02:17:39 +0530, sanatamim
<sanatami...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

> Is there any other way to reset the BIOS to Factory Default without
> taking the battery out?

It depends on the BIOS, but most of them have a "reset to default"
setting you can use in the BIOS setup program.

> The battery for Lenovo laptop that I have is located under the keyboard
> and I can not see the battery.
> Is resetting the bios going to fix the sound?

Your message says nothing about the problem you're having with the
sound, so I don't know for sure. But my guess is probably not, since
you are much more likely to have a driver problem if you have a
problem with your sound.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

sanatamim

Dec 19, 2008, 11:09:40 PM12/19/08

My problem is with sound .
I get the message " There are no active mixer device available"
My audio setting is greyed out and the device manager shows Legacy
audio drivers as the primary sound drive and the properties say this
device is working properly, But I do not hear anything.
Some forums say that my onboard audio should be enabled in BIOS , but I
do not see any onboard audio in BIOS.
I Have a usb 5.1 soundcard with a mic input and a head phone jack which
is working ok, but my concern is how to fix my onboard audio.

|Filename: message.JPG |
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=7492|

HeBeGeeBee

Aug 22, 2009, 2:02:55 PM8/22/09

I had similar problems to everyone listed above, but I found a solution
that was much simpler than most of those also listed above. It would be
worth a try, that is to go from the simplest solution to the more
complex if the simpler one doesn't work. I started with the first step
started by others. Here is what worked for me:

Lost Sound?
If the symptom is that: �error message: There are no active mixer
devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click
Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware. This program
will now close.�

Go to Start > Run and type in: services.msc , and hit enter.
Scroll down to "Windows Audio", right-click on it and select
Properties,
set the startup type to Automatic, click Apply
then click the �Start� menu option from the �Action� menu.

Then, you may have to go to the �Sound� control panel
and choose the �Audio� tab.
_Then_ensure_that_the_\"Conexant_AMC_Audio\"_*is_chosen*_from_the_pull_down_menus_

both for �Sound Playback - Default Device�
and also for �Sound Recording - Default Device�.
The �MIDI music playback - Default Device�
should be �Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth�.

--
HeBeGeeBee
HeBeGeeBee's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/127523.htm

bawalker

Sep 1, 2009, 5:42:19 PM9/1/09

optrex;318165 Wrote:
> OK we got it fixed. The plug and play software emulator had was missing.
> Fixed by searching for machine.inf then copy to temp directory. remove
> at about line 20 " ExcludeFromSelect=* "
>
> goto control panel, add new hardware, next (let it seach), yes hardware
> is connected, next, scroll to bottom, add new hardware device, next,
> install from list, next, select system devices, next, select have disk,

> point to amended copy of machine.inf in temp directory, scroll to "plug
> and play software device emulator" in right hand column, next and
> complete install.
>

> --
> optrex
I joined this forum just say THANK YOU OPTREX! I have had a problem
with my sound on my laptop for over 2 months and after 3 techs looked at
it and could not fix it, I found your thread in the forum and the
machine.inf solution fixed it right up for me -- you have made my day
bro - THANK YOU!

--
bawalker
bawalker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/131141.htm

Addison Steele

Sep 1, 2009, 8:27:53 PM9/1/09

bawalker <bawalke...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>optrex;318165 Wrote:

[snip]

>I joined this forum just say THANK YOU OPTREX!

"optrex" left the freaking room FOUR YEARS AGO and has not returned.

DAMN, but the vBulletin gateway users can really be dumb asses.

schla

Sep 15, 2009, 6:01:53 PM9/15/09

HeBeGeeBee;4581784 Wrote:
> I had similar problems to everyone listed above, but I found a solution
> that was much simpler than most of those also listed above. It would be
> worth a try, that is to go from the simplest solution to the more
> complex if the simpler one doesn't work. I started with the first step
> started by others. Here is what worked for me:
>
> Lost Sound?
> If the symptom is that: �error message: There are no active mixer
> devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click
> Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware. This program
> will now close.�
>
> Go to Start > Run and type in: services.msc , and hit enter.
> Scroll down to "Windows Audio", right-click on it and select
> Properties,
> set the startup type to Automatic, click Apply
> then click the �Start� menu option from the �Action� menu.
>
> Then, you may have to go to the �Sound� control panel
> and choose the �Audio� tab.
> _Then_ensure_that_the_\"Conexant_AMC_Audio\"_*is_chosen*_from_the_pull_down_menus_
>
> both for �Sound Playback - Default Device�
> and also for �Sound Recording - Default Device�.
> The �MIDI music playback - Default Device�
> should be �Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth�.

THIS DOESN'T FIX MY PROBLEM.

windows audio is already started and is in auto start up mode in
services.msc and all of my devices are functioning properly....

there has got to be more to fixing this problem.

--
schla
schla's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/135636.htm

n00bie4lyfe

Sep 30, 2009, 6:23:25 PM9/30/09

dinousb;3146947 Wrote:
> hi but i cant find eny machine.inf fil in my pc plzzzz tell me what to
> du u r a good person plzzz i want to wach movies plzzzzzzz
>
> hi guys i had the same prob but i have fix it yaa and i am happy.but i
> an not remember much of that what i did but still i tell u some
> thing.farts start,control panle,system,hardwaar,device mannager, if u
> guys havin same prob then u shold c somthing yollow question mark that
> named auido cantroler or some thing liker that im not sure. eny ways
> duble clik it and one window will pop up now click on reinctall
> drive,thean chose *install from a list or spacific location* thean
> next,and chose *dont serch i will choose the driver to install*thean
> next, thean scrol down to *sound video,and game cotroler* and thean next
> now in manifacture chose lntel and in model chose lntel(r)82801AAAC
> audio controler and thean click next and thean yes and install it .
> plzzzz commant and sa that it did work and if u dont like it theas say
> that i didnt right it. well i that works for u guys well it did for me.
> commant me ok?

who ever wrote that, honestly, my dog can spell better than that fool.
kai?
lol, he's a newb. dont listen to him, if you listen to illiterat
newfags like him , you will fail, yer better off on the phone with Dell
techsupport for 7 hours.

--
n00bie4lyfe
n00bie4lyfe's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/139998.htm

iphon.in

Oct 6, 2009, 7:25:56 PM10/6/09

thank you optrex, that post should be added to the hall-of-fame fixes
for audio, or at least stickied

--
iphon.in
iphon.in's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87736.htm

Kshah87

Dec 17, 2009, 8:18:39 AM12/17/09

optrex;318165 Wrote:
> OK we got it fixed. The plug and play software emulator had was
> missing.
> Fixed by searching for machine.inf then copy to temp directory.
>
> goto control panel, add new hardware, next (let it seach), yes
> hardware
> is connected, next, scroll to bottom, add new hardware device, next,
> install from list, next, select system devices, next, select have
> disk,
> point to amended copy of machine.inf in temp directory, scroll to
> "plug
> and play software device emulator" in right hand column, next and
> complete install.

Hey.what do u mean by remove

at about line 20 " ExcludeFromSelect=* "

i tried it by removing that line and it doesn't seem to work.
please help!

--
Kshah87
Kshah87's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/164799.htm

anthony23

Feb 19, 2010, 9:01:41 AM2/19/10

'Carey Frisch [MVP Wrote:
> ;218599']Go to Start > Run and type in: services.msc , and hit enter.

> Scroll down to "Windows Audio", right-click on it and select
> Properties, set the startup type to Automatic, click Apply and
> then click the Start button. hey i have the same problem but my speakers still don't work after this
step

--
anthony23
anthony23's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/186521.htm

RedTechJunky

May 1, 2010, 3:49:08 AM5/1/10

optrex;318165 Wrote:
> OK we got it fixed. The plug and play software emulator had was
> missing.
> Fixed by searching for machine.inf then copy to temp directory. remove

> at about line 20 " ExcludeFromSelect=* "
>
> goto control panel, add new hardware, next (let it seach), yes hardware
> is connected, next, scroll to bottom, add new hardware device, next,
> install from list, next, select system devices, next, select have disk,
> point to amended copy of machine.inf in temp directory, scroll to "plug
> and play software device emulator" in right hand column, next and
> complete install.

ok so ive done this once and it didn�t resolve my issue, im going to try
again to see if a second attempt will result in better luck....... its
not services.inf or whatnot sound card and drivers are current .....all
problems started after winwp update not sure which one sp2 or sp3 as I
completed all the updates in the same night, roommate never updated and
figured i was doing her a favor, ha so much for that!!!! comp runs great
but with out sound its just $h!t

will be back with results soon but i would also like to know what to do
with the file i create in temp ? why not just edit original file? not
going to try but worth a shot?

--
RedTechJunky
RedTechJunky's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/215339.htm

Jabslacked

May 3, 2010, 3:56:35 AM5/3/10

Hey I just joined up because I'm just so fed up with NO ONES fixes
working for me. I've tried the "services.msc" fix and that does nothing
as it says my windows audio appears to be running, I've tried optrex's
fix and that didn't work, in fact before I tried optrex's fix the audio
would work on my pc for a little while after startup and now it's
completely gone. Pleeeease help this problem is really crap for a gamer

--
Jabslacked
Jabslacked's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/216065.htm

Elmo

May 3, 2010, 11:25:32 AM5/3/10
Jabslacked wrote:
> Hey I just joined up because I'm just so fed up with NO ONES' fixes
> working for me. I've tried the "services.msc" fix and that does nothing
> as it says my Windows audio appears to be running; I've tried Optrex's
> fix and that didn't work. In fact, before I tried optrex's fix the audio

> would work on my pc for a little while after startup and now it's
> completely gone. Pleeeease help this problem is really crap for a gamer.

Kelly has a few suggestions at her site:

Click "S" and scroll down to "Sound Troubleshooters", just about halfway
down the page.

--
Joe =o)

Jabslacked

May 4, 2010, 5:14:03 AM5/4/10

Also just want to add that after trying optrex's fix (that didn't work)
it now takes my computer half an hour to properly start up. I can move
my mouse around the desktop but any programs/folders I try to open
freeze and task manager wont work and if I put my mouse over the task
bar at the bottom all I get is an hourglass, half an hour later it all
just instantly starts working and maybe 1 in every 10 times my sound
will work for a short while before completely disappearing. Seriously if
any of you want to challenge your computer fixing skills then try and
help me out.

RedTechJunky

May 6, 2010, 10:13:30 PM5/6/10

Elmo;4928312 Wrote:
> Kelly has a few suggestions at her site:
>
> Click "S" and scroll down to "Sound Troubleshooters", just about
> halfway
> down the page.

well thats just great but where is Kelly's site?

--
RedTechJunky
RedTechJunky's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/215339.htm

Elmo

May 7, 2010, 12:15:44 AM5/7/10
RedTechJunky wrote:
> Elmo;4928312 Wrote:
>> Kelly has a few suggestions at her site:
>>
>> Click "S" and scroll down to "Sound Troubleshooters", just about
>> halfway
>> down the page.
>
> well thats just great but where is Kelly's site?

Joe =o)

caffie

Jun 22, 2010, 8:01:49 PM6/22/10

I need major help like i was cleaning my computer and i uninstalled my
sound thing and now i just dont wanna use it can some1 help me should i
sell my laptop because re installing the sound seems like to much
trouble

--
caffie
caffie's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/235767.htm

Jim

Jun 23, 2010, 10:08:28 AM6/23/10
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:01:49 -0500, caffie
<caffie...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>I need major help like i was cleaning my computer and i uninstalled my
>sound thing and now i just dont wanna use it can some1 help me should i
>sell my laptop because re installing the sound seems like to much
>trouble

Does your "cleaning" program have an "undo" button ?