ClickStream MFC Application Error in Windows XP SP3

andreas

Aug 11, 2010, 4:49:57 AM8/11/10

I need your help on the following issue.
Today when I turned on my computer and before I open any application
the following message appeared on the screen (the standard window when
something crashes and advise you to send the error report to
Microsoft):
==========
"ClickStream MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to
close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"
==========

When I clicked to see what data this error report contains the
following appears:
==========
"Error Signature:
szAppName: ClickStream.exe szAppVer: 1.1.1.0
szModName: ClickStream.exe szModVer: 1.1.1.0 offset: 00001069"
==========

I searched the Internet for ClickStream.exe and here is what I found:
==========
"The filename CLICKSTREAM.EXE is used by objects that are classified
as safe. It has not yet been seen to be associated with malicious
software."
==========

Then I used Process Explorer to check the services, and the
CLICKSTREAM.EXE appeared below the "DDNIService.exe"

When I searched for the "DDNIService.exe" I found from a website
that:
==========
"DDNIService.exe file is a malicious file related to spyware."
==========

I scan the computer with "Spybot Search and Destroy" and nothing was
identified as spyware.

I also found out that DDNI stands for:
==========
"Digital Delivery Networks (DDNi) is a PC user experience company that
provides software, infrastructure and digital marketing opportunities
to personal computer (PC) companies, distribution partners and
retailers."
==========

And that's were I got confused. I don't know what to do.

Can someone help me to figure this out?
It can be very annoying when you close the window and after a few
seconds appears again.

My computer details are the following:
==========
Lenovo - Thinkcentre A58
Pentium Dual Core 2.7 GHz
2 GB of RAM
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3

Thanks in advance.

Andreas

andreas

Aug 23, 2010, 5:03:21 AM8/23/10
I suspended the service "DDNIService.exe" using Process Explorer.
Issue solved.

andreas

Jan 14, 2013, 3:10:57 AM1/14/13
Permanent solution to the problem can be achieved by disabling the DDNIService in System Configuration Utility - tab "Services".