Event Viewer -- Application

micky

Sep 8, 2015, 5:00:46 PM9/8/15
My computer froze on exit and it automatically did what I think is
CHKDSK on restart. I missed watching part of it but there were many
more lines than usual.

I thought the place to read the chkdsk report was Event Viewer /
Application under Winlog, and googling tells me the same thing, but it's
not there.

Am I looking in the wrong spot? If it's a long report, as this one
was, does it all fit in the little window?

Maybe more serious, there are plenty of entries therem 9 today, 3 in
intermediate days, 11 on the fourth, over 100 on the third, all of them
one of two errors.

All of them from Brother BitLog, Warning, EventID 1002, User N?A

STI BrtSTI: [2015/09/07 19:00:12.781]: [00000768]: GetDeviceIpAddress:
GetAddressByName [BRW6427372D59FD] Error

or

STI BrtSTI: [2015/09/03 09:42:13.718]: [00001964]: GetAddressByName:
gethostbyname[BRW6427372D59FD] Error[11001]

I recently found on the street a Brother, wireless printer. I installed
the software, but since then, I've unplugged the printer, since I don't
need it. The computer is still trying to find it, is that it?

I don't have anything related to this in my startup programs: just
ctfmon, java update scheduler**, the UI for AVG**, and something from
windows media Player**

**I tolk these three out but they have reappeared.
I looked in Services and

I dont' have anything in Services with "Brother" in the name or anything
else that seems related.

I'd like to stop this repeated checking for the printer, while still
leaving the software in place for printer use later.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

micky

Sep 8, 2015, 5:34:18 PM9/8/15
In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, on Tue, 08 Sep 2015 17:00:42
-0400, micky <NONONO...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>Maybe more serious, there are plenty of entries therem 9 today, 3 in
>intermediate days, 11 on the fourth, over 100 on the third, all of them
>one of two errors.
>
>All of them from Brother BitLog, Warning, EventID 1002, User N?A
>
>STI BrtSTI: [2015/09/07 19:00:12.781]: [00000768]: GetDeviceIpAddress:
>GetAddressByName [BRW6427372D59FD] Error
>
>or
>
>STI BrtSTI: [2015/09/03 09:42:13.718]: [00001964]: GetAddressByName:
>gethostbyname[BRW6427372D59FD] Error[11001]
>
>I recently found on the street a Brother, wireless printer. I installed
>the software, but since then, I've unplugged the printer, since I don't
>need it. The computer is still trying to find it, is that it?
>
>I don't have anything related to this in my startup programs: just
>ctfmon, java update scheduler**, the UI for AVG**, and something from
>windows media Player**
>
>**I tolk these three out but they have reappeared.
>I looked in Services and
>
>I dont' have anything in Services with "Brother" in the name or anything
>else that seems related.

Thanks for any effort you've put in on this. I hope you read this
before putting in much.

I found BrYNSvc in my Services, but where some other services have
Started, it is blank. And it's listed as Manual.

I changed the status to Disabled.

Someone on the web writes: "BrYNSvc.exe is for the Brother Status
Monitor of networked brother printers. In my case a WiFi printer. When I
use my firewall to block this file I can’t see the status
(online/offline and ink levels) of my WiFi printer. When the file is
unblocked by my firewall the printer status shows as ready and not
offline. I can also see the ink levels of the WiFi printer.
Andre " If I'm lucky, I'll remember to turn this back on when I
start using the printer, if ever, and it will only run once per windows
session then, because it won't have to keep trying.

I wonder why it ran 11 times on one day, as few as once on another, and
over 100 times on a third. I don't think I tried to print anything on
the day it ran 11 times, and I'm sure I didn't try to print with the
Brother printer when it ran about 1340 times on the 3rd (not merely more
than 100 times.)

None of this accounts for why I can't find my CHKDSK log.

micky

Sep 8, 2015, 5:44:04 PM9/8/15
In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, on Tue, 08 Sep 2015 17:00:42
-0400, micky <NONONO...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>Maybe more serious, there are plenty of entries therem 9 today, 3 in
>intermediate days, 11 on the fourth, over 100 on the third, all of them
>one of two errors.

I went back to MSConfig and checked the status of BrYNSvc and the entry
was gone. I thought maybe it was never there and I'd only see it in
the Services window, from Administrative things from the Control Panel.

So I went back to Services and put it on Automatic, went back to
MSCONFig and it wasn't there until I closed that and restarted it, or
maybe I only had to go to Startup and back to Services (It's only 5
minutes and I've forgotten, even though I tried to remember) but it
didn't just show up without doing something.

Then I went to services and disabled it again but it was still in
msconfig, (listed as Stopped) until I refreshed the list.

Again, I hope no one spent time on this.

I'm not moving to win7 until I fully understand XP, and at the rate I'm
going, I may be 120 years old.

~BD~

Sep 8, 2015, 5:49:37 PM9/8/15
On 08/09/2015 22:44, micky wrote:
> I'm not moving to win7 until I fully understand XP

You have left it too long! ;-)

It's time for Windows 10 ........ or Apple OS X! :-)

micky

Sep 8, 2015, 5:57:15 PM9/8/15
In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, on Tue, 8 Sep 2015 22:49:28
10? Sounds like a large number. I may have to live to 125.

The Service listing for BrYNSvc lists the program it uses, .exe, as
being in the Program Files\Browny02 directory. Didn't know I had that.

Indeed the all-in-one printer software made 3 parallel subdirs, there,
including also Brother, and Brother Industries Ltd. Software has
gotten so complicated.

micky

Sep 11, 2015, 3:49:12 PM9/11/15
In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, on Tue, 08 Sep 2015 17:34:14
And it's not running but I still got 7 warnings about this today, and
800 warnings about this yesterday.

This time I googled the source and event number brother brlog 1002

Bunch of hits, The third one got close to the problem but not all the
way there. The first two figured it out by calling Brother, and gave
the same solution, and a third guy agreed.

"Here is the fix from Brother: 1. In the registry, delete the following
key (you should export the key to a file first in case you need to
restore it): HKLM\SOFTWARE\Brother\brutilities Yes, delete the entire
Brutilities "folder." This is the method recommended by Brother
support."

"Removing the registry folder HKLM\Software\Brother\BrUtilities cleared
up my event id 1002 Warnings. Thanks Chaindog. "

One discussion was from almost exactly 5 years ago, but when I dl'd the
software a couple months ago, it still had the error.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/641604-1002-and-1001-Brother-BrLog

>Someone on the web writes: "BrYNSvc.exe is for the Brother Status
>Monitor of networked brother printers. In my case a WiFi printer. When I

So it probably wasn't this after all, and I'lll probably make this
manual again, instead of disabled.

>use my firewall to block this file I can’t see the status
>(online/offline and ink levels) of my WiFi printer. When the file is
>unblocked by my firewall the printer status shows as ready and not
>offline. I can also see the ink levels of the WiFi printer.
> Andre " If I'm lucky, I'll remember to turn this back on when I
>start using the printer, if ever, and it will only run once per windows
>session then, because it won't have to keep trying.
>
>I wonder why it ran 11 times on one day, as few as once on another, and
>over 100 times on a third. I don't think I tried to print anything on
>the day it ran 11 times, and I'm sure I didn't try to print with the
>Brother printer when it ran about 1340 times on the 3rd (not merely more
>than 100 times.)
>
>None of this accounts for why I can't find my CHKDSK log.

Still coudln't find this. And CHKDSK had to run again today.