About Blank

Bob

Jan 16, 2008, 4:44:06 PM1/16/08
Why do I get a "Blank" page when I'm using IE7 on my laptop? Didn't have
this prob with IE6. I have to Cntl/Alt/Delete it to get rid of it. I'm
using XP Home and IE7.
Thanks.

Bob

Uncle Grumpy

Jan 16, 2008, 5:34:56 PM1/16/08
"Bob" <rd...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

You are obviously a moron and don't know how to setup IE.

I'd help you, but you'd probably come back with another question that
you could easily answer on your own without using HELP or GOOGLE.

Script

Jan 16, 2008, 5:51:01 PM1/16/08
IE7 > Tools >Internet Options | General tab
Either enter something besides "about:blank" in the Home page section at the
top, [example - www.google.com] or,
near the bottom under "Tabs" > Settings button > put a check in the box for
" Open home page for new tabs instead of a blank page".
[You didn't say "when" you get a "blank".]

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Jan 16, 2008, 6:27:55 PM1/16/08

Perhaps www.prozac.com would be a good site for you to visit, my pet.

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Jan 16, 2008, 6:48:54 PM1/16/08

Are you getting a popup message, or do you mean you're getting a blank page
instead of the website you expect, when you open IE7? Please post with more
detail.

For future reference, note also that Internet Explorer has its own
newsgroups.

Uncle Grumpy

Jan 16, 2008, 8:05:01 PM1/16/08
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanw...@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmailatyahoo.com> wrote:

>> You are obviously a moron and don't know how to setup IE.
>>
>> I'd help you, but you'd probably come back with another question that
>> you could easily answer on your own without using HELP or GOOGLE.
>
>Perhaps www.prozac.com would be a good site for you to visit, my pet.

I'm not your pet... nor do I care if you think that I'm being
insensitive to the OP.

Dumbasses need to be told the truth.

Onsokumaru

Jan 16, 2008, 9:45:06 PM1/16/08

"Uncle Grumpy" <uncle...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

You're a dumbass.

Plato

Jan 17, 2008, 12:45:01 AM1/17/08

Most likely infected with malware. What anti-malware apps have you
already run in Safe Mode?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jan 17, 2008, 2:45:50 AM1/17/08
Those with IE7-specific questions or comments are asked to post to and seek
support in this newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

In your newsreader:
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Andrew Murray

Jan 17, 2008, 4:23:48 AM1/17/08
It's because you don't have your home page specified (this can be any
web site e.g. www.Google.com or whatever - it's setting is under the
Tools > Internet Options).

Doug W.

Jan 17, 2008, 10:33:49 AM1/17/08

"Andrew Murray" <admu...@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
-
-----
Andrew Murray: AND if you would READ the HELP for IE7 YOU would
know this.
-

Bob

Jan 20, 2008, 3:30:51 PM1/20/08
I do and did have a title page... This condition can also be related to
spyware too, as I'm told.

"Doug W." <stand@attention> wrote in message