Here's a strange problem/challenge

已查看 0 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Roberta Domos

未读,
2001年11月27日 19:34:042001/11/27
收件人
I don't even think it's related to XP but perhaps an upgrade or other
software I installed at some point in the past. I throw it out there for
those who like to see if they can answer weird questions here. I will not be
the least offended if my post is ignored.

Whenever I encounter a link that includes a microsoft.com website, the
browser returns a page error if the address includes www. If I delete the
www after the page error, just leaving http://microsoft.com/restofpath it
will go to the page with no problem. I have several other machines that
don't have this problem -- just an annoying weird glitch on one computer.

Is this a conspiracy by a software company that hates microsoft? It only
happens with microsoft.com web urls. Strange, huh?

RJ Domos

David Denmark

未读,
2001年11月27日 19:59:002001/11/27
收件人
That is a very strange problem. I'm not sure if this will work, but it is worth a shot. Try running
"ipconfig /flushdns" at a command prompt (start > run > type "cmd" (w/o quotes)).

--
David Denmark, MCSE+I, MCDBA
Associate Expert

"Roberta Domos" <robe...@hmeconsulting.com> wrote in message news:Omk38Q6dBHA.1360@tkmsftngp04...

Roberta Domos

未读,
2001年11月27日 20:16:132001/11/27
收件人
Well, it reported a successful cache flush, but didn't solve the problem.
Thanks for trying, though.

Very, very strange behavior. My partner works for MSNBC.com and I asked
around there, but they were all clueless about it as well. I tried to
call/write to MS about, convinced they would want to know if some software
was doing this (it can't be anything but deliberate), but they wanted 25
bucks to look into it. Heck with that. I'll live with it.

Thanks again, David.

"David Denmark" <daveNObon...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Bill Frisbee

未读,
2001年11月27日 20:48:542001/11/27
收件人

"Roberta Domos" <robe...@hmeconsulting.com> wrote in message

RJ,

Is it still happening? Microsoft's main web site had some massive outages
last night and this morning (well Eastern Standard Time anyways).

Bill Frisbee, Windows XP MVP, Associate Expert

0 个新帖子