Cannot delete repository files in the target folder

luke

Mar 3, 2003, 2:10:41 AM3/3/03
When I make a new release of a component and then try to
import it to the database, which is installed on the same
computer, i get this error message:

Copying 'CCDU2' repository files to \\RUAG-
MIURG4GZEQ\Repositories\{121329E0-AB01-4946-9AA4-
37774CA2B363}
Error: Cannot delete repository files in the target
folder. Please make sure you have write access to the
files.

How can I change the write access to the repository? If i
change the argument "read only" in winexplorer, it is
changing itself back to read only as soon as I leave
explorer...
Guess I have to change the write access file directly in
the database - but where?

Thanks for your help
luke

Mario Dambauer

Mar 3, 2003, 3:09:44 AM3/3/03
Hi luke

start the explorer and go to the repositorys folder.
check the rights on this folder for the user who wants to install components
into the db.

I suggest this user has only read access, change this to write access.

I think this sould solve you problem.
mario

"luke" <lukas...@gmx.ch> wrote in message

luke

Mar 3, 2003, 4:06:37 AM3/3/03
hi mario

change the rights doesn't work. I have the read only
button light gray with a tick. I can change the write
authorization. After changing however everything is again
like that as before. It is put back automatically to READ
only!

>.

Heidi Linda

Mar 3, 2003, 4:30:12 AM3/3/03
You're confusing local file permissions and network file
permissions. Even though the repository is on the same
machine, it's accessed as though it were on a network.
If you right-click the repositories and then click
Sharing, click the Permissions box, then click on yourself
in the list of users, you should be able to give yourself
full control.
Hope this helps.