Packet scheduler miniport# Error code 31. Problem solved!!!

mitz79

Mar 15, 2010, 3:25:50 PM3/15/10

*Packet scheduler miniport. Error code 31. Can't load
driver.*
Yellow exclamation mark next to Packet scheduler miniport in device
manager.
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I am writing this post because for ages I had a problem in my device
manager where "packet scheduler miniport#6!" was listed with a big
yellow exclamation mark. I have scoured the net for answers only to find
dozens of people with the same problem and not a single answer that
gives a fix.
Well, today I fixed the problem. So I thought I would share what I did
in the hopes that it may help somebody else out there as this particular
problem has driven me mad for a few weeks now!

Anyway, What I did was:

1, Open Device Manager and right click on the Packet Scheduler Miniport
with the yellow exclamation mark next to it.

2, Click on Properties.

3, Click on the Driver tab.

4, Click on Update Driver.

5, Choose "Yes this time only", and click on next.

6, Choose "Install from a list or specific location" Advanced, and click
on next.

7, Choose "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install". Click
next.

8, In the box under "Network adapter" click on "Packet scheduler
miniport" and then click on next.

The driver will then install and the problem will fixed. Take a look in
Device manager and you will see the exclamation mark has disappeared.

Hope this helps somebody. It is my first ever post!
Good luck and happy computing :-)

--
mitz79
mitz79's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/195420.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

cds...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2012, 7:41:06 PM10/16/12
thank you very helpful

dblc...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2013, 2:04:58 AM3/29/13
Yup. Worked for me as well, on a xp pro re-install for a client. I'm a MCSE, but I didn't think of it 'til I read your post! Thanks!

nikos...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2013, 8:37:36 PM4/10/13
tyvm....worked!!!

munc...@gmail.com