cursor moves randomly while typing

Cn

Sep 5, 2002, 2:27:48 AM9/5/02
Hello,
Can anyone give some advice...
I have win xp, office 2002

I have a problem with my cursor moving around while I am
typing, it will move backward and delete what I have
typed, also sometimes move to a totally different location
in the document. It occurs in Word, outlook, even yahoo
messanger, and also when typing this message (this is the
3rd time I have retyped parts of this message). This is
very annoying.

Has anyone had this problem, and/or have a solution?

I have installed all the updates for office and windows.
Help!

Mike Desson

Sep 5, 2002, 9:50:41 AM9/5/02
I had the same problem on my laptop until I realized that
my hand was bushing over the mouse pad when I typed. I
then set the machine to turn off the mouse pad when I
have a regular mouse attached and I no longer have the
problem.

>.

Jethro

Sep 5, 2002, 10:53:10 AM9/5/02
There are some hot keys in WORD that when pressed (accidentally) start the
speech input in XP and Office. So then, if you have a fan running or have
traffic noise, the cursor moves leaving spaces in WORD and in Outlook.

The first time I did this, I freaked out as it appeared that someone was
trying to type on my screen while I was on the phone. I hung up quickly and
unplugged my network cable and ran virus scan convinced somebody had hacked
into my machine. This has got to be the least well thought out and
implemented bit of Office/XP.

The way around this bit of genius is to remove speech as an input method in
XP, which is easy.

Does this sound it could be the problem.

If you require further help to remove speech..... let us know.

Jethro

"Cn" <noonan_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Lisa

Sep 5, 2002, 1:04:52 PM9/5/02
There's actually a setting you can change to make the
cursor go away while you're typing.

I cannot find it now (sorry), but I know I've seen it,
though it might be in MS Word rather than Windows XP.

I have the same problem when using my laptop rather than a
desktop. Someone mentioned a fan, and yes, it's worse when
a fan is blowing.

But if you've installed Windows XP without installing the
hardware manufacturer's software as well, your system will
be less stable and more susceptible to this problem. That
happened to me when I tried installing a full version of
Windows without reinstalling the Sony stuff, and it went
away when I put Sony's stuff on again.

>.

Cari

Sep 5, 2002, 1:26:32 PM9/5/02

"Cn" <noonan_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, MS OfficeXP..... Remove the 'alternative
input' component .... I think it's listed under Excel.

What your PC is trying to do is to type what it heard thru the microphone.

Cari
www.coribright.com